HIARCS MP on a Dual Core

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

mushypeas

HIARCS MP on a Dual Core

Post by mushypeas »

Hi

I have a dual core PC and use the Fritz 10GUI. When I use Rybka MP and go to the task manager it shows two rybka processes both using 50% of CPU; but when I use HIARCS MP (UCI) (11.2 or 12) it only shows one process at 99% CPU.

I have double checked I have downloaded the right MP file (not the SP one) and that the parameters are set for 2 cores but it seems I'm only getting it on one core?

Can you help please?

Thanks
Vempele

Re: HIARCS MP on a Dual Core

Post by Vempele »

I have double checked I have downloaded the right MP file (not the SP one) and that the parameters are set for 2 cores but it seems I'm only getting it on one core?
99% CPU usage means it's using all cores.
mushypeas

Post by mushypeas »

Thanks but I thought a dual core PC would show 2 processes at 50% each? How come HIARCS is different?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

mushypeas wrote:Thanks but I thought a dual core PC would show 2 processes at 50% each? How come HIARCS is different?
It is Rybka that is different. Most engines show it the way Hiarcs does. but it does not make any difference as long as all cores are being used.
Krazyken

Post by Krazyken »

mushypeas wrote:Thanks but I thought a dual core PC would show 2 processes at 50% each? How come HIARCS is different?
It is a difference between using processes and threads.
Robert Weck

Re: HIARCS MP on a Dual Core

Post by Robert Weck »

mushypeas wrote: I have double checked I have downloaded the right MP file (not the SP one) and that the parameters are set for 2 cores but it seems I'm only getting it on one core?
If you look at the CPU load (system performance(?))) in task manager it simply should show 100% in both cores with a MP engine...

Robert