Announcement: Pocket Chess HIARCS for CEBoard

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Announcement: Pocket Chess HIARCS for CEBoard

Post by Mark Uniacke »

HIARCS for the Pocket PC will be launched shortly.

We have partnered with the excellent CEBoard Pocket PC Chess GUI to provide the great combination of the strongest chess engine together with superb user friendly features for chess players of all strengths. A particular highlight of the new product is the enormous range of special energy saving levels and move advise / highlighting which give players of all strengths the opponents and help they need.

Now I know a number of Palm users will be asking when is the long awaited Palm Hiarcs upgrade. I can also let you know that Palm Hiarcs 12 is in development and we hope to make it available before Christmas.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

Wooo Hoooo A new palm Hiarcs!
IA

Post by IA »

Excellent news and a magnificent program for Palm, here already there is a buyer of Palm Hiarcs 12 ….

Thank you Mark for remembering the lovers of Palm Hiarcs ….
mclane

Post by mclane »

cool. this is really cool news.

only that it makes me consider which of my palms/pocket PCs is faster for hiarcs.

my tungsten T3 or the qtek 9090 ?
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

sorry if this is a noobie question, does this run on a Windows Mobile Phone ? I have Win Mob 6
IA

Post by IA »

Hiarcs in Palm works slightly better and native looks like a system more and fluid for Hiarcs that in a PDA Pocket PC, but in the QTEK 9090 you will have more memory Hash Tables, so for force of game it is the same thing, probably in your case is more interesting to have Palm T3 Hiarcs 9.7 and Qtek 9090 Hiarcs 12 and to face them.

I also have the Palm T3 with Hiarcs 9.7 and I thought to buy the PDA HP IPAD 114 624 Mhz with Pocket Friz 3 but I prefer having Hiarcs 12 in a Palm T3 as the force of game that this magnificent PDA.

It is supposed that Palm Hiarcs will have approximately +80 Elos that Hiarcs 9.7, in a Palm T3 would have approximately +2680 Elos that it is the equivalent one to Pocket Fritz 3 in a PDA 624 Mhz.

Regards McLane …
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

mclane wrote:cool. this is really cool news.

only that it makes me consider which of my palms/pocket PCs is faster for hiarcs.

Good question, as both have the same processor a PXA 263 at 400mhz.When it is released you could test them out on some positions.
I would be interested in the results.
Alain

Post by Alain »

Dark Horse wrote:sorry if this is a noobie question, does this run on a Windows Mobile Phone ? I have Win Mob 6
as of today, CEBoard only runs on Windows Mobile devices with a touch screen : many phones do but not all of them, so the answer is "it depends on which phone it is"
mclane

Post by mclane »

Cubeman wrote:
mclane wrote:cool. this is really cool news.

Good question, as both have the same processor a PXA 263 at 400mhz.When it is released you could test them out on some positions.
I would be interested in the results.

it was my intention to have "similar" kind of machines (Palm versus Pocket PC) but with different software.

i cannot only test hiarcs9.7 versus 12,i also can play hiarcs12 versus
fruit or other programs running on pocket pc or palm.

i am still not sure which version to buy. ok. i will see.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Aleksandr Shvachko

Post by Aleksandr Shvachko »

Multi PV on PocketPC? :)
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

If you have 2 PPC is it possible to have installed on both.Or would you need new licence key for 2nd install?
Why is the demo version so crippled.I have PF3 loaded with Hiarcs 12.1 engine and would like to compare strenght before buying, but the demo is deliberatly weakened.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Pocket HIARCS for CEBoard supports MultiPV.

The license will work on your Pocket PCs. You will be allowed to install on your personal PPCs for your personal use.

The reason the strength of the demo is limited is to distinguish the purchased product. It will be at least as strong as the HIARCS engine used in Pocket Fritz 3. In addition of course there are many other new features.
Best wishes,
Mark

MephistoXP

Post by MephistoXP »

Hi from México

Today i have a modest PPC, 30 mb ram, 200 mhz proce. 2003se, In some months I will buy something better but by now I want to use and buy the hiarcs for PPC, my ?? is: when i change my PPC I need a new license or I will can use it with my new device?

or is better wait until i buy my new PPC for buy the mighty hiarcs?

Ty
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

MephistoXP wrote:Hi from México

Today i have a modest PPC, 30 mb ram, 200 mhz proce. 2003se, In some months I will buy something better but by now I want to use and buy the hiarcs for PPC, my ?? is: when i change my PPC I need a new license or I will can use it with my new device?

or is better wait until i buy my new PPC for buy the mighty hiarcs?

Ty
Yes you can use it on your current PPC and on your upgraded PPC.
Best wishes,
Mark