Pocket Fritz 3.2 Update

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Tsukrov

Post by Tsukrov »

Is it possible to do multiple PV when in analysis mode like I can in PF2
Sure. There are the same "+" and "-" buttons in the engine window.
Is the only way of using a really large book to use a chessmaster book?
The default H12.1 book is already "really large". It has 850K Moves. The CMX book is "only" 280K Moves.

Then there is a possibillity to use Polyglot books. They are 8x larger, but much faster. Also they scale better for really-really large books. (Some millions of moves or so).

You can find Polyglot books for Glaurung or Toga on http://raitpref.hotbox.ru/ct-file.htm.

But remember, they use 16 bytes per moves. This means, that you need a >10Mb Polyglot book to save the default Hiarcs book. :D

Read the docu on Polyglot to generate them yourself.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Whoops!!! Don't know how I missed the multiple PV buttons! My apologies!

Nice to have clarification on the default book, that's much larger than I anticipated it to be and should do me just fine :D

I might have a play with polyglot in the future so thanks for the pointers.

Many thanks for you rapid help!

Best regards

Paul
NaughtyKnight

Post by NaughtyKnight »

I'd like to add my personal thanks to all the hard work which as gone on for Pocket Fritz 3.

PF2 was, in many ways, a disappointment in terms of support. PF3, however, is the best piece of mobile software I've ever seen. Any ideas I had of buying an I-phone have now gone out of the window.

Thanks, Stanislav. Top Job!
high arcs

Post by high arcs »

How do I install the media zip file?
And how do I install and use the endgameabc file?

Thanks!
Tsukrov

Post by Tsukrov »

Just unpack and copy the folders to the device or to the card.

Then open them over File - Chess Media.

EndGameABC.cbhtm or single WMAs.
chromos

update 3.2.1 don't work on asus p552w

Post by chromos »

Hi, I'm disappointed with this new update. Everytime I try to install it, my asus goes to reset just before end of installation. And after that Pocket Fritz is corrupt and goes to reset too when I try to run it. ... I tried installation on hardreseted pda too, but no success. Previous update 3.1 functioned.

Next experiment:
I installed Pocket Fritz 3 and update 3.2.1. on my old ipaq and all was right. Then I copied folder Pocket Fritz 3 into appropriate folder on asus. No success again, asus goes to reset everytime I launch Pocket Fritz.

Any advice? Thank you.