Chessbase 10 service pack 2

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
The Wizard

Chessbase 10 service pack 2

Post by The Wizard »

www.fritzserver.org/updates/cbm/CB10SP2.exe

This service pack solved many of the problems I was having with CB10

Regards
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

Thanks for this.

How did you hear about it?
I don't believe in intuition, but I've got a funny feeling that one day I will...
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Kemuri wrote:Thanks for this.

How did you hear about it?
Hi,
I contacted Chessbase simply asking if there is a new service pack as I was still having problems with `the opening report` etc ...
Steffen Giehring emailed me back with the link which is dated 15th April 2009

Regards
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

LOL. "Asking them" - never thought of that! :)
I don't believe in intuition, but I've got a funny feeling that one day I will...
chesstango

Steffen Giehring

Post by chesstango »

Steffen Giehring has always replied me each time i asked him for help; he is a very good and polite man and works very well.
Dr Wesler
Keith317

Why?

Post by Keith317 »

Why on earth can't Chessbase be a bit more forthcoming about publishing details of updates. It would be so easy to make them available on the Chessbase site yet they seem to be very shy about it.
The Wizard

Re: Why?

Post by The Wizard »

Keith317 wrote:Why on earth can't Chessbase be a bit more forthcoming about publishing details of updates. It would be so easy to make them available on the Chessbase site yet they seem to be very shy about it.
Have to agree with that :)

Regards
William Hulme

Post by William Hulme »

Downloaded and installed SP2 but it didn't fix the 'disappearing notation after a save' bug. Everytime I ammend a game and do a 'replace' the notation all goes blank. Need to click on another tab (e.g. Scoresheet) then back to Notation to get it back again - been bugging me since I upgraded to version 10 !!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

William Hulme wrote:Downloaded and installed SP2 but it didn't fix the 'disappearing notation after a save' bug. Everytime I ammend a game and do a 'replace' the notation all goes blank. Need to click on another tab (e.g. Scoresheet) then back to Notation to get it back again - been bugging me since I upgraded to version 10 !!
I must admit I have gone back to CB Light Premium - I do not trust CB10.
maceisthemax

Post by maceisthemax »

It always amazes me how often I see questions about ChessBase on the Rybka Forum, and now, here on the Hiarcs Forum. I had a very good source at Chessbase, who answered all my questions but I lost his e-mail address. His first name was Peter. If nobody knows who he is/was, perhaps you could give me the address of this Stephan Guiding (sorry for mis-spelling) fellow. Perhaps he would help me.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

maceisthemax wrote:It always amazes me how often I see questions about ChessBase on the Rybka Forum, and now, here on the Hiarcs Forum. I had a very good source at Chessbase, who answered all my questions but I lost his e-mail address. His first name was Peter. If nobody knows who he is/was, perhaps you could give me the address of this Stephan Guiding (sorry for mis-spelling) fellow. Perhaps he would help me.
Peter Schreiner I would guess.
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

I can't get this link to work anymore. Anyone know what's happened or where to manually download the service pack from now?
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Kemuri wrote:I can't get this link to work anymore. Anyone know what's happened or where to manually download the service pack from now?
I don't know what happened to the file, but I do still have it. I uploaded it for you. You can download it from here.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience come from bad decisions."
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

Thanks,

Wonder why they took it down?
Snarl

Post by Snarl »

Thanks for the link, this solved all my problems as once I let Chessbase update itself it would not run. Re-Installed CB10 then installed this SP2 and everything works.

Thanks Again