The New Pocket Fritz 4(Hiarcs) Wins in Mercosur 2009 9.5/10

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Does PF3 already do "next best" since you can have up to 6 best moves.
Also what plans for future release that will support online play at PlayChess.I have just recently set up my home with a Wi-Fi broadband connection and use my iPaq 210 Enterprise to play any where around the property using PocketGrandMaster and the ICC portal.It is great to play in all the new places like on a Hammock under a tree.Also can be used to play away from home in the city where there is a Wi-Fi connection sometimes free.
The current FritzMobile does not work with current dedicated PPC with out phone capabilities.And is somthing you should consider as I much prefer the PocketFritz interface to PGM.
Tsukrov

Post by Tsukrov »

Hi!

"Next Best" means you can ignore the current first line and say the engine to find the next alternative.
Or you can select yourself whcih moves it should analyze.

PlayChess Client is planed after the release of PF4.
nahab

Post by nahab »

Tsukrov wrote:
PlayChess Client is planed after the release of PF4.
when is the release of PF4 in germany?

Chessbase say in the middle of october, now he say in the middle of november...what is right now?

Regards Jörg
joejohnston3

Post by joejohnston3 »

I am also curious if the iPhone app will be updated as well. I am amazed at the power of Hiarcs on my iPhone and cannot wait for the fact that it will even be better. Does anyone know what the status of the iPhone update is?
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

This is the PF4 topic and as such only works on Windows Mobile devices.Try asking question on the other Hiarcs forum
http://www.hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2553
Hoshad

Post by Hoshad »

still waiting for PF4 ! and guess what, it is 24th of November and it is yet not out...or if it is, I am not aware of...

my HTC HD 2 http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/4433/ ... one-review with 1 GHz processor and my girlfriends Samsung Omnia Lite http://blog.phoneslimited.co.uk/2009/09 ... te-review/ with 800 MHz processor are waiting for it impatiently.

When is Chessbase gonna release?

I also wonder if it includes one year playchess serial, as other chessbase programs do.

regards
Hoshad
Tsukrov

Post by Tsukrov »

PF4 is ready. Just wait some days.

No, there's neither playchess client in it, nor one year license.
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

Hi Tsukrov,

I am wondering if PF4 has a feature whereby it allows a human versus human playing mode but also keeps track of the cumulative time used by each side according to the chosen time control.

It frustrates me that this feature does not even exist in the desktop PC versions of Chessbase products (yet it exists in the Nintendo DS version of Fritz!). The best the current Chessbase desktop products do is keep time on a per move basis only, but not the cumulative time.

I find such a feature indispensible when I am playing other computers myself and like to record the moves in a chessbase format and also want to keep track of the total time used for both sides. For me, a pocket device is ideal for this because it is extremely compact and very light in weight. Currently I am using a Dell notebook for this task, but even it is really a lot bigger and heavier than I wish to use for that sort of task.
Tsukrov

Post by Tsukrov »

Ohh... PF4 has no explicite human vs human mode.
I'll reconsider it in the updates.

Thank you for the idea.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

2 player mode on the same device for chess is not the ideal solution.There are 3 main reasons
1,Only one player has sight of the board when it is there turn to move,The other player can't ponder like in real OTB chess.
2,Time delay in swapping the PPC back and forth.In a blitz game this would drive me crazy.
3,Each player may prefer a totally different look to the board and pieces and have different GUI preferences.
The ideal solution is to create a bluetooth link between 2 PPC's so that each player has complete control over their decision making.So far I have only come across 1 other developer that has done this.
http://www.handango.com/catalog/Product ... ionId=7614
Of course the down side to this is that you need 2 compatible PPC's loaded with PF4.I might be biased since I already have 2 and like to play my daughter to teach her tips and this system will be the ultimate solution for my needs.
Could PocketFritz do this sometime in the future?
IA

Post by IA »

The New Pocket Fritz 4 is Available from 14. December 2009.

http://chessbase.com/shop/product.asp?pid=479

:D
Hoshad

Post by Hoshad »

I suppose that fritz 4 can also be installed on windows mobile 6.5...just wondering since they don't mention this version on chessbase...
Tsukrov

Post by Tsukrov »

Yes, it can.
tanda313

Post by tanda313 »

Is the CBH support truly complete? For example, if I have an e-book in CBH format, such as from Everyman Chess, will it read all the files and handle all the links? In other words, does it have the same reading capability of ChessBase Light?
Tsukrov

Post by Tsukrov »

The support is almost complete.

The PF4.0 version supports only HTML-texts in CBH. If your e-book is new, it has HTML textes, which are supported.

The first update will allow to use the old text entries.

The temporary solution is just to convert all the text in new format with CB10.