Please explain difference Hiarcs/Deep Hiarcs

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Janptr

Please explain difference Hiarcs/Deep Hiarcs

Post by Janptr »

I need it explained a bit the difference between the versions. I understand (I think..) that to get the strongest possible game you need Deep version on a dual CPU to get any advantage of it. But I did see some prices (Fritz) that it was really big price differences between Deep and "non Deep" versions. Can someone explain it more clearer for me and also if a Deep version is not stronger than "non Deep" if it´s a single CPU.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

well yes Deep Versions mean versions to run on Dual CPU or Quad CPU, these days they even have 8 core and I think even 16 core computers in the market

in most engines running the "deep" version on a single cpu computer would be weaker than the "non deep" version on the same computer

however that might not be the same with HIARCS

some one from the HIARCS team will have to say if there is a difference between Deep or non Deep versions

my understanding is that there is no difference
Janptr

Post by Janptr »

Ok Thanks for answer!
I just found this information from www.hiarcs.com

Single Core: Price*: £24.95 / €29.95 / $39.95

The "Deep" HIARCS MP runs nearly twice as fast on Dual Core machines, 3 times faster on Quads and a massive six times faster on 8 core machines

Price*: £49.95 / €59.95 / $79.95
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

aah yes good!
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

Deep HIARCS 12 is the ultimate multi-core/multiprocessor HIARCS chess engine capable of utilising up to 8 CPU cores simultaneously. This results in much faster analysis and playing strength depending on your hardware e.g. on Dual-Core hardware Deep HIARCS 12 runs nearly twice as fast as on a single core processor. Deep HIARCS 12 even works on single core processor systems so you can use it today in the knowledge it can grow with your new hardware to future proof your purchase decision.
http://www.chessbase.com/shop/product.a ... ser=&coin=

from the Chessbase write up on Deep HIARCS
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

it seems some moves in the HIARCS book I downloaded are not in the book that comes with the Mac version of Hiarcs 12.1 MP ?