Pocket Fritz 4 is not available for Iphone yet?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

codonauta

Pocket Fritz 4 is not available for Iphone yet?

Post by codonauta »

I am trying to find out if the Pocket Fritz 4 is available for I Phone.
In the Chessbase site it seems is not. In the item Pocket Fritz 4 we find that works only in pockets PCs.
And is it in the plans of Chessbase to become pocket Fritz compatible with I phone - I Touch? Anyone know that?
Actually, I don't have an I Phone, I have a I Pod Touch, but the applications which work in the I Phone, work in the I Touch too. At least, the most of them. The Shredder chess application works very well in my I Touch.

The last question is if the Pocket Fritz 4 has the Hiarcs engine. The Pocket Fritz 3 had Hiarcs engine, but I don't know if something changed since the Pocket Fritz 3.

I live a truly drama with the pocket Fritz. First i bought the Pocket Fritz 2, to use it in my IPaq. In the information in Chessbase site was that the pocket Fritz 2 was compatible with my Ipaq. But the software never worked. I tried the Chessbase support, but after about 20 emails from it with tries, procedures and more procedures to try fix that, without success , I concluded that my Ipaq and the Pocket PC 2 in fact weren't compatible. My Ipaq had the Windows Mobile 5.0 - after i found out that the Pocket Fritz 2 and Windows Mobile 5.0 had a problem of compatibility. In the next year I try to bought the Pocket Fritz 3. And it worked fine in my Ipaq! The problem was that 6 months later my Ipaq got a serious problem, and didn´t work anymore, and without any possible repair. So, I lost my Ipaq and lost the pocket Fritz 3. I have the CD of it here, but without the Pocket PC it is not useful. Now I have a I Touch, I hope chessbase do in the future the Pocket Fritz 4 work in I Phone- I Touch.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

The Hiarcs engine is available for the iphone. The Hiarcs engine is used in PF 3 and 4 http://www.hiarcs.com/iHiarcsChess.htm
codonauta

Post by codonauta »

Does The Pocket fritz 4 has the Hiarcs engine, as well as had the Pocket Fritz 3?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

codonauta wrote:Does The Pocket fritz 4 has the Hiarcs engine, as well as had the Pocket Fritz 3?
yes
daniel71

Post by daniel71 »

If I may rephase this question to when will the Hiarcs engine be updated to Hiarcs 13 like the Pocket Fritz 4 software. I have Pocket Fritz 3 and its very strong better than Pocket Shredder and PocketGrandmaster 4.1 in strength and will order PF4 in a couple of days from now but looking forward to getting the new Hiarcs 13 engine for the iphone.
auditt

Post by auditt »

Does anyone still buy Microsoft Pocket PCs (rather than Iphone, Blackberry, Android, ...) ?

I thought these things were going extinct faster than George W. Bush supporters
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

auditt wrote:Does anyone still buy Microsoft Pocket PCs (rather than Iphone, Blackberry, Android, ...) ?

I don't know how many new dedicated PPC's without phone capabilities are being sold now days, but the Windows Mobile OS is still alive and kicking and the new HTC-HD2 runs WM is still selling well even at the high end of the market.Also there are so many 2nd hand units of PPC's on auction sites that the world is over populated already with PPC devices.Also the life span of a dedicated PPC is much longer than that of some cheap phone with tiny battery/processor/ screen etc.
Some users have given up on running chess apps on their phones because of the battery drain.
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi
Fritz is already available on license from ChessBase and contains a revised version of Fritz 10 for the PC (so ChessBase advised me).
Bryan
codonauta

Post by codonauta »

Unfortunately for me, Hiarcs for I Phone and I Touch is not available in I Tunes store of my country ( Brazil ). I tried to find it today there. That issue sometimes happens: an applications is available for USA I Tunes, but not for Brazilian I Tunes.
I have to content myself with the Shredder for I Phone and I Touch for while, which is available in Brazilian I Tunes since some months ago.
auditt

Post by auditt »

codonauta wrote:I have to content myself with the Shredder for I Phone and I Touch for while
Be happy - Shredder for Touch and Iphone is an excellent product, very strong and great ELO levels .. :D
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

auditt wrote:
codonauta wrote:I have to content myself with the Shredder for I Phone and I Touch for while
Be happy - Shredder for Touch and Iphone is an excellent product, very strong and great ELO levels .. :D
Agreed! I just wish it had some preset levels so it could be tested against others properly.
codonauta

Post by codonauta »

Yes, I have no complaint about the Shredder Chess for I Touch at all!
I confess I get a bit uncomfortable to talk well about chess software of others companies, different from Hiarcs or Chessbase, in the Hiarcs Chess Forum. :)
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

codonauta wrote:Yes, I have no complaint about the Shredder Chess for I Touch at all!
I confess I get a bit uncomfortable to talk well about chess software of others companies, different from Hiarcs or Chessbase, in the Hiarcs Chess Forum. :)
You should not be. All discussion about legitimate engines, like Shredder, is very welcome here.
mclane

Post by mclane »

auditt wrote:Does anyone still buy Microsoft Pocket PCs (rather than Iphone, Blackberry, Android, ...) ?

do you think the new APPS business has any advantage to the customers ?
it is mainly a better concept to make more money for the companies...
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
codonauta

Post by codonauta »

I had a IPaq, a HP device, which had Windows Mobile 5.0 as O.S. , I mean, a pocket PC.
It was a great device in my opinion. While it worked, I had a lot of chess applications on it. Watching movies, videos, reading ebooks, listening to music, everything were very good on it.
The problem was that after 2 years, the device "passed away", and with no
solution for it, and I lost all applications I had bought for it.