Deep Junior not working in Aquarium

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

dper

Deep Junior not working in Aquarium

Post by dper »

I have been unable to get DJ to run in aquarium, although it runs fine on all other interfaces I own, including CA 10. I left a fairly long post on the aquarium forum. While I believe it is an aquarium issue, someone wrote there is a DJ 11.1a version available. I have been unable to locate it. No message in my email, and I can't locate it on the Hiarcs site either. I tried re downloading from my original email, but it appears to still be version 11.1. Thanks for any help,

Duane
dper

Post by dper »

Got 11.1a, however it still won't run in aquarium. Vista 64 bit OS. If anyone has any ideas, thank you in advance.

Duane
Werner
CEGT

Post by Werner »

dper wrote:Got 11.1a, however it still won't run in aquarium. Vista 64 bit OS. If anyone has any ideas, thank you in advance.

Duane
Hi,
I am no expert in Arena, but I got Deep Junior 11.1 x64 1CPU working in Arena 3.2.0 here. I installed it as uci engine. After that I had to wait a few seconds an then saw the parameters. Then I changed threads to 1 and typed in egtb path. The engine is analyzing and I could play against it here.

Werner
dper

Post by dper »

The solution was found by Vempele and is posted in the aquarium forum. It appears to be a bug? in both junior and aquarium. Changing the nalimov path from the default fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

Specifically, Aquarium's default NalimovPath is empty and Junior reacts badly to

setoption name nalimovpath value