chess tiger iphone

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
nahab

chess tiger iphone

Post by nahab »

its super super super super super super great...

See Mark, so must look a correctly good Chess App...

http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/chesstig ... 98259?mt=8

regars Jörg
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: chess tiger iphone

Post by Harvey Williamson »

nahab wrote:its super super super super super super great...

regars Jörg
Looks nice, be interesting to see if its strength is close to Hiarcs.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Harvey Williamson wrote:

regars Jörg
How is the Hiarcs for Android app coming along? :)
nahab

Post by nahab »

Harvey Williamson wrote:

regars Jörg
it´s not to play strongly as hiarcs...it´s play more badly as hiarcs ppc.

But i think Chestiger have a Elo of 2300, a little bit stronger as palmversion.

The amateurlevel tells Amateur - Expert = 850 Elo - 2100 Elo (in no tournament level).... i think in tournament level he is playing a little bit better.

for me as a beginner of 1500 Elo I do not need the extreme strengthen engine, i need learn features - and which offers more chesstiger here I expected of some well-known chess programs which such a thing had in palm the version
vonderlasa

Chess Tiger for iPhone

Post by vonderlasa »

Doesn't run on my iTouch. Flashes the display screen: "Chess Tiger, World Class Chess," then fades to an all white screen. And that's it!
bretti

Post by bretti »

In my opinion ChessTiger is Nr. 4 behind Hiarcs 12.3/Stockfish 2.3 and Shredder. ChessGenius is weaker (I am not sure about Fritz cause I do not own it for iPhone). Rating should be higher than 2300, may be about 2400.

Don't forget to write a review at the App-Store for your good Chess-Apps! Some of them are not fair rated so far.
CTheron
Tiger

Re: Chess Tiger for iPhone

Post by CTheron »

vonderlasa wrote:Doesn't run on my iTouch. Flashes the display screen: "Chess Tiger, World Class Chess," then fades to an all white screen. And that's it!

Please contact us at support@chesstiger.com so we can solve this problem.

Please provide more information if possible:
- which iPod model are you using?
- what amount of memory does it have?
- which version of iOS is installed on it?

Thank you in advance.

Christophe Théron
author of Chess Tiger
CTheron
Tiger

Post by CTheron »

bretti wrote:In my opinion ChessTiger is Nr. 4 behind Hiarcs 12.3/Stockfish 2.3 and Shredder. ChessGenius is weaker (I am not sure about Fritz cause I do not own it for iPhone). Rating should be higher than 2300, may be about 2400.

Don't forget to write a review at the App-Store for your good Chess-Apps! Some of them are not fair rated so far.

I think that before saying that Chess Tiger for iOS is only 2400 elo you should definitely test it more seriously. It is much stronger than that.

Chess Tiger on iPad for example is approximately 50 (FIFTY) times faster than on a standard PalmOS device. And it was already above 2200 on a Palm, with a version of the engine more than 3 years old...

Also, Chess Tiger is not a 64 bits engine. Therefore it is much better optimized for a 32 bits processor like the one in the iPhone/iPad/Ipod touch than 64 bits engines.

I suggest you look for Chess Tiger for iOS in the 2700 elo range.

// Christophe
RadioSmall

Post by RadioSmall »

CTheron wrote:
bretti wrote:In my opinion ChessTiger is Nr. 4 behind Hiarcs 12.3/Stockfish 2.3 and Shredder. ChessGenius is weaker (I am not sure about Fritz cause I do not own it for iPhone). Rating should be higher than 2300, may be about 2400.

I think that before saying that Chess Tiger for iOS is only 2400 elo you should definitely test it more seriously. It is much stronger than that.

Chess Tiger on iPad for example is approximately 50 (FIFTY) times faster than on a standard PalmOS device. And it was already above 2200 on a Palm, with a version of the engine more than 3 years old...

Also, Chess Tiger is not a 64 bits engine. Therefore it is much better optimized for a 32 bits processor like the one in the iPhone/iPad/Ipod touch than 64 bits engines.

// Christophe
Hi Christophe
Did you know that it is impossible to download ChessTiger 2009 for palm??
The folder that downloads is empty and support does not respond to emails.I used to have version 15.2 for my palm Tungsten E.
CTheron
Tiger

Post by CTheron »

RadioSmall wrote:
CTheron wrote:

// Christophe
Hi Christophe
The folder that downloads is empty and support does not respond to emails.I used to have version 15.2 for my palm Tungsten E.

The Palm section has been closed since the launch of the iOS version but will be accessible again later tonight.

You will be able to download free of charge a new update of Chess Tiger for PalmOS. The download will be hosted by our server so there should be no problem getting the new version.

We have had problems sending and receiving emails at support@chesstiger.com for several months. This has been solved a few days ago, so any email you send there will now be answered in a timely manner.

// Christophe
Bryan Whitby

Re: Chess Tiger for iPhone

Post by Bryan Whitby »

vonderlasa wrote:Doesn't run on my iTouch. Flashes the display screen: "Chess Tiger, World Class Chess," then fades to an all white screen. And that's it!
Hi Christophe
Hope you are ok and thanks for a great product.
Works ok on my iTouch version 4.2.1
Regards
Bryan
PS. Didn't you agree to pay me 50% of you Palm profits in return for using my graphics :-)
IA

Post by IA »

Hi Christoph Théron , thanks for liberating Palm ChessTiger 2010 and continue with PC ChessTiger 2011, but I can not understand such a program as strong and with an extraordinary level of play as ChessTiger not go on the mobile platform in the World Number 1 Android? :roll:

a program ChessTiger 2011 Android level of play has to be with the best as Hiarcs, Shredder, ChessGenius ..... :wink:

Regards...
RadioSmall

Post by RadioSmall »

CTheron wrote:
RadioSmall wrote:
CTheron wrote:

// Christophe
Hi Christophe

The Palm section has been closed since the launch of the iOS version but will be accessible again later tonight.

You will be able to download free of charge a new update of Chess Tiger for PalmOS. The download will be hosted by our server so there should be no problem getting the new version.

We have had problems sending and receiving emails at support@chesstiger.com for several months. This has been solved a few days ago, so any email you send there will now be answered in a timely manner.

// Christophe
Hi
The same problem remains .The Computer says that the Chess Tiger 2010 folder is empty .Hence there is no download , which means that it is still impossible to download Chess Tiger for palm.
CTheron
Tiger

Post by CTheron »

RadioSmall wrote:
CTheron wrote:
RadioSmall wrote:
CTheron wrote:

// Christophe
Hi Christophe

// Christophe
Hi
The same problem remains .The Computer says that the Chess Tiger 2010 folder is empty .Hence there is no download , which means that it is still impossible to download Chess Tiger for palm.

You should maybe force a reload of every page you visit on chesstiger.com. I had the same problem, after uploading the new pages they wouldn't show up until I forced my browser to reload the pages. I'm using Firefox and had to use Shift-Reload (hold Shift and click on the Reload button on the browser toolbar).

You can also try to clear your browser's cache before going to http://www.chesstiger.com

Please tell me if it works for you. Thank you in advance.

// Christophe
CTheron
Tiger

Post by CTheron »

IA wrote:Hi Christoph Théron , thanks for liberating Palm ChessTiger 2010 and continue with PC ChessTiger 2011, but I can not understand such a program as strong and with an extraordinary level of play as ChessTiger not go on the mobile platform in the World Number 1 Android? :roll:

a program ChessTiger 2011 Android level of play has to be with the best as Hiarcs, Shredder, ChessGenius ..... :wink:

Regards...

Number 1 in term of what?

Cetainly not in term of software quality, judging by what I have seen so far of the Android SDK and Simulator. It's painful to use.

But don't give up any hope. :)

// Christophe