Problems with saving a game

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

kp3

Problems with saving a game

Post by kp3 »

Hello, the online manual seems to indicate that the games I play against the computer are automatically saved but the program hasn't saved any of them.
Also, when I start a new game against the computer the entire "Game" menu is grayed out and unavailable.

When I click on "view played games" in the "play" menu nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Best Regards,
kp
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

The Game menu is for use in the database and analysis modes.

The Play menu is for use when playing against the computer.

When a played game finishes with a result (e.g. checkmate, draw etc). As soon as the played game tab is exited the game is saved into the PlayedGames database.

If you abandon the game (exit the tab) before the game is finished, HCE will add if you want to save the game or abandon it.

You can access the PlayedGames database using the Play->View played games menu item. The database opens in a new database tab called "PlayedGames" with all the games listed in the game explorer of that tab.

I hope that helps.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
kp3

Post by kp3 »

The issue that I am having is that the games aren't being saved. I have played 21 games so far and have won them all by checkmate or through the engine asking to resign.

When I go to the Play->View Played Games menu option the software doesn't respond. There are no saved games anywhere.

I have tried exiting a game after it is over by closing the tab or closing the program altogether but it doesn't make a difference, they are never saved.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

It sounds like you do not have a HIARCS Chess folder in your Documents folder.

I assume you are running on PC and installed as the admin user but are using the software from a different non admin account.

Please copy the HIARCS Chess folder from your admin account Documents folder to your user account Documents folder. I believe this will solve the issue. If you have a problem please email hiarcs [at] hiarcs [dot] com for detailed support.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com