HIARCS 14 w/Chess Explorer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
ssace

HIARCS 14 w/Chess Explorer

Post by ssace »

Considering getting this for PC. Are there any differences in what you get between DEEP & Single processor versions other than the engine? Is the GUI exactly the same and do you get the same databases/opening book etc.?

Thanks
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: HIARCS 14 w/Chess Explorer

Post by Harvey Williamson »

ssace wrote:Considering getting this for PC. Are there any differences in what you get between DEEP & Single processor versions other than the engine? Is the GUI exactly the same and do you get the same databases/opening book etc.?

Thanks
it is the same apart from the Hiarcs engine.
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

You also get access to a different online opening book.
I don't believe in intuition, but I've got a funny feeling that one day I will...
ssace

Post by ssace »

Yes I was reading the differences and wasn't sure what the Single Core version means when it says "GUI access to standard online content." which to me is a little vague.

While Deep HIARCS Chess Explorer offers:
GUI access to online content of 1,000 Gb of chess endgame tablebases and GM+ opening books

Also, how large is the database that each comes with?

I'm primarily after the single core version and want the database, opening book, and analysis/blunder check of Club games. Not into engine v engine matches & analysis.
Last edited by ssace on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssace

Post by ssace »

I'm not a big fan of Fritz with it's large footprint, crashes, & database files that appear to be scattered all over the place in Windows.