Java Vs Php

You can discuss all aspects of programming and technical matters here.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Mellisa

Java Vs Php

Post by Mellisa »

What do you prefer for web development
Java or php language
HillaryBlake

Post by HillaryBlake »

PHP. It is an open source programming language which has a good demand in the market.
MarcelaloW

Java Vs Php

Post by MarcelaloW »

Hello My question is not a Vs. type of question. I want to know which language is better to learn when you are a PHP programmer, Java or C? I mean from an economic point of view. I already know what Java and C can do and how they are different. But my question is that, when you are a PHP programmer, and want to learn a programming language, which is better, Java or C, from a job point of view?
robertgalp

Post by robertgalp »

It isn't correct to compare Java to PHP. Since PHP is a server-side scripting language whereas
Java is a general-purpose language. In other words, PHP is only used as a server-side language
where Java is both for server-side and desktop programming language. Moreover, Java is
compiled and strongly-typed language. On other hand, PHP is a dynamic typed language.
Hence, only for server-side programming, the comparison between Java and PHP makes sense.
kosterix

Post by kosterix »

java has better tools. PHP is terrible. Great for prototyping but you quickly run into big problems.
Strive for avoiding anything flat that emits light. Love the unhackable chess computer with real pieces and a tactile feel. I do not collect, I live.