Eprom for Corona D+

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
dedicate computers

Eprom for Corona D+

Post by dedicate computers »

Please, I looking for eprom D+ for Corona, Saitek, can someone help me, I would lke to buy it. Gracias for fast response.
trontreez

D+/D++ Eproms

Post by trontreez »

Hi,
A few years back I was able to obtain some upgraded programs for my Saitek Analyst C module along with an enhanced opening book program. I believe there was also an endgame program too. These were "leaked" data files that I had to organize to be "burnt" onto blank EEproms. I have unfortunately lost the data files to the best of my knowledge but still have the Eproms. One is labelled as follows:

Maestro Analyst
D PP.LEO (27c256)
|Chcksm : $b4e1|

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello

Well i can help u with the D+ and D++ and EGR II
Just contact me

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Hello,
Ok i am new here but just retired and got my hands on a Saitek Corona it seems to run Ok and as i now have time i am hoping to get back into chess.
Question under the back cover is 3 slots filled as
Slot A
W2
708G (or could be C)
U2

Slot B
BW2
U3

C
empty

On the chips is printed
00007EE5
PGM 12.5V
HN27C256AG-10

and on the board is printed
27C256

Is this how they were sold with an empty slot and can i get any IC's to improve it's performance ?

It does look good and easy to use better then a smaller plastic one mind you i am still looking for a slightly bigger board but they don't come up very often and in my price range.

thanks for reading and i am in the UK
Peter
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Well apparently if you look around there are upgrades out there for the Corona both the D+, D++ chips and the EGR11 end game chips can be found.
Now the truth i think sometimes we all feel like GM's but reality is most of us hobby players are no way near as good as we think we are. Over the last few days i have played a lot and well the Corona in it's present state is already well above my capabilities. I think most of us want the best but do most of us need the best or is it it all in the mind it's like cars men want a car that does 0 to 60 in 3 seconds and 200 mph yet never drive over 80 in real life.
I learn't chess at school won two tournaments (kids games) then after leaving school at 15 girls and work took over and i never carried on. Now i have just reached retirement age and watching the latest candidates 2014 tournament as rekindled my interest hence the electronic opponent needed. Realisation as really set in how much fun chess is and now i have the time to read and learn more opening moves and progress my knowledge and play more but at the end of the day it is a hobby a GM i will never be. My only problem is i cannot get my head around playing on small plastic boards or on a LCD screen to enjoy chess i need the feel of the game and wooden pieces on a good size board feels like real chess to me and i love it. So end of my rant and if anyone as a Corona they can be updated if you look around but think first does it need updating i.e can you outplay it every time at its best settings or is it just a mind set. The Corona is a great opponent (for me) it looks good easy to use and feels right. I have an ongoing game running now and thinking hard i am in a good position and i am going to win this one i never use the take back (hate that option) if i screw up i lose so thinking hard.