Excellent Chess Computer Web Site

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Bryan Whitby

Excellent Chess Computer Web Site

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Although there are quite a few well known web sites for dedicated chess computers on the internet, I'm not too sure if newcomers to our hobby will be familiar with the following site.

http://chess-computer.blogspot.co.uk/

The general layout of the site is excellent with really sharpe photos and enjoyable articles. What I particularly like is that Peter includes articles about prototypes and his January 2014 blog includes a rare photo of the Novag XY Monster being shown to the public at the 1985 Nuremberg Toy Fair.

Click on any of the photos and a larger one will appear for better viewing.

Bryan
Cyberchess

Post by Cyberchess »

Thanks for posting this link. I actually played a game with the Novag Robot Adversary back in the early ‘80s at I.C.D. I believe the unit was selling for a whopping $1,600 at the time. The Robot Adversary seemed rather weak in comparison to its SciSys made contemporaries, though the fact that it set up, moved its own pieces with the robotic arm, and had an optional human emotions feature, made this machine a unique conversation piece and excellent opponent for the casual player.

B.T.W. – This machine was also featured in the Steve Martin comedy “The Lonely Guy”.
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Thanks for posting Bryan. I was not familiar with that site.

Greg
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Yes an Excellent site

i especially enjoy the Links he has posted
:P

Immodest Regards
Steve