"El Perro Guasón" or The Bothering, sarcastic Dog.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

"El Perro Guasón" or The Bothering, sarcastic Dog.

Post by Fernando »

I know that this place, under the awful tyranny of Blincoe, scarcely talks of another things but dedicated computers, but in this comeback of mine to this place I will dare to talk of a -Oh my God!- software which probably none of you knows, but is one of the most entertaining I have ever met, and I have met hundreds.
In Spanish is called "El perro guasón", which means a dog that bothers you all the time, an unbearable and tenacious dog prone to disturb you, mock you, etc.
It was produced, some years ago, by Chessbase and has as engine a creation by Donninger. It is very strong, but the funny part is the dog.
The dog is all the time -if you want- looking at you from a side of the board. According the situation, his expression changes. From time to time throws a comment as Fritz does, but in this case the comments are so hurting and insolent that make of it a very different ball game.
I do not know if ever this program was released in other language. One extra reason for you, cannibals, to learn Spanish., the most Latin inclined language of the world, so the most precise and even beautiful. Do not confound with the babble of USA Hispanics...
Festina Lente
IA

Post by IA »

Hi Fernando, I have this great version that is still more sarcastic and funny...

Regards Fernando. :wink:
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

It is the very same program!
They changed the name a bit because "tocahuevos" - to push the balls of another guy- is too much harsh, so they then opted for Guason...

Fern
Festina Lente
Larry

Re: "El Perro Guasón" or The Bothering, sarcastic

Post by Larry »

Hi Fernando, it's difficult for me at my age to learn Spanish. English speakers have a problem...we have less use for your language than you have for ours, given that English is the world's principal language. Go wherever, and the
receptionist will speak English.
adios....
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

That's true, but remember Spanish is spoken in many countries. It is not just a vernacular language.
Festina Lente