Novag Citrine version ID - instructions here

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
HPC

Novag Citrine version ID - instructions here

Post by HPC »

Looking through manuals, I found a way to get the Novag Citrine's ID from it. You can plug the Citrine into a PC and direct access it through Microsoft's HyperTerminal. At that point, you can type commands on your PC that go to the Citrine and get responses from it. You can type any of the Novag protocol commands and get a response. You can type I for id which returns the Citrine's version number. You can even play a game that way.

Here is the manual for doing this: http://www.chesshouse.com/v/vspfiles/pd ... ection.pdf
HPC

Post by HPC »

I tried this myself. Hyperterm does not exist on Windows 7. So, I copied from my XP computer. It works; the ID value for my Citrine is UCB II V1.09
HPC

Post by HPC »

There exists an easier way to get the info. Use SCID.
1) Boot your computer and hook the Citrine to it. I had to get a serial to USB converter from Radio Shack.
2) Set up the Citrine and turn it on.
3) Click Tools -> Connect Hardware -> Configure
4) type in the com port # that you are connected to such as COM8: (you need all CAPS and the colon without any spacing)
5) Ensure that Hardware has Novag Citrine clicked.
6) Click OK

Now a screen comes up with the info from the Citrine. The first line is the Citrine ID value.