Revelation II UCI Server

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Scrooge_Mcdude

Revelation II UCI Server

Post by Scrooge_Mcdude »

Hello Revelation II owners!

Has anyone of you used the UCI Server feature of the Revelation II? I like it very much. Has anyone of you experienced frequent bluetooth disconnection? The Revelation II is great. I'm happy to own one, but my unit has been disconnecting too frequently when using the UCI Server. It could be my bluetooth dongle though.

All the best!
xchessg

Re: Revelation II UCI Server

Post by xchessg »

Scrooge_Mcdude wrote: my unit has been disconnecting too frequently when using the UCI Server. It could be my bluetooth dongle though.

From experience I can tell you that is likely. These dongle things are not robust. You'd better try a new one, if only to make out if it's not the Rev bleutooth hardware that is the at fault.

regards

Xavier
Scrooge_Mcdude

Post by Scrooge_Mcdude »

Thanks for your reply, Xavier. I'm with you. I refuse to think it's maybe the Revelation II that's the culprit. The system is a fantastic work of art and I really enjoy using it. I must tell you though that I already bought and used 6 different kinds of dongles ranging in price from moderate to the most expensive but they all gave the same results. Any idea of the brand of bluetooth you can suggest? At the rate of reply I received on this inquiry, it looks like I'm the only one using the UCI Server feature, or at least using it the most.

Regards,
Scrooge
Staplegrove

Post by Staplegrove »

I've not tried this, but my computer is a simple Mac Mini - can anyone let me know what software on the mac side I'd need to try it out?

Thanks.
xchessg

Post by xchessg »

Scrooge_Mcdude wrote:. Any idea of the brand of bluetooth you can suggest?

It seems that the cheapest ones that come without any additional software are the best as well.

You seem to have done some testing already. Try also to run the server with Rev in another position to the PC (further away, and make sure to avoid disturbance from TV sets and mobile phones).

Bluetooth can be tricky... A bluetooth malfunction within Rev is not to be discarded... Your Rev came by parcel delivery?

Anyway, since you seem to be able to make a connection, I'd bet you put your Rev on a "bad" spot relative to the PC; That being said, it's quite normal that a connection goes down while downloading a big update for instance...

Personally, I like to play also against a PC engine on the board.

Xavier