New Chess Server - Looking for Feedback

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Hasimir

Post by Hasimir »

ChessPro50 wrote:Hasimir: hope your tournament match went well. Have you gotten a chance to visit recently? We've made some changes over the past few weeks: www.funnode.com/news#changelog
When I haven't been playing I've been very busy, but I'll try to stop by when I've got a chance.

As for the tournament, I played my last round over the weekend and I believe I came third out of twelve. Originally there were 14 in it, but one withdrew due to other commitments and the other was caught cheating.

I think I posted the analysis on my first match around here somewhere, but the other two are pretty special. I played 3 rounds and missed one, but due to scheduling mix-ups I was awarded the win there. Anyway, the second game was one of the most elegant games I ever played and the most recent was one of the toughest, but then I was going up against AdmiralA, who is an LM on that site (#3 for all classical games). The analysis on that is still processing. I believe it came as a bit of a shock to some spectators that someone 800 points beneath an LM could hold out for more than 90 moves.

PGN for the whole thing will be available later, but not all of the last round has been played yet.
OpenPGP/GPG Key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D - BTC address: 18Ua6y7D65QatEDZ36dtWNWpG9Ttrd4eqy
ChessPro50

Post by ChessPro50 »

Hasimir: have you gotten a chance to visit/play recently? We've made some significant changes over the past several months: www.funnode.com/news#changelog
Larry

Post by Larry »

Cyberchess wrote::idea: Sounds good to me!
Talking about sound, I can't get any. Is the server silent while in
beta mode, or maybe it's silent for guests?
Or am I doing something wrong?
otherwise a great server regards...
Larry
ChessPro50

Post by ChessPro50 »

Larry: thanks for checking out the server. For audio, and other settings, you need to hover over the "Settings" nav-item on top-right of the page and toggle your preferences.
ChessPro50

Post by ChessPro50 »

<BUMPING> as a lot of changes have been made over the past year, and we're looking for more feedback :)