Just enjoying these dedicated chess computers

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Brian B

Just enjoying these dedicated chess computers

Post by Brian B »

These past few months have been great fun adding to my meager collection of dedicated chess computers. Each time a new computer arrives I immediately set it up and play a few games. Sometimes I win, sometimes not. Then it comes to the matter of where to put the computer, ha! Table space is rapidly disappearing here at the house. Initially, my wife was quite happy to see me poring over these dedicated chess computers. It keeps me home, keeps me relatively quiet, and these dedicated chess computers are less expensive and much smaller than other things I have collected over the years. Now, she can't find a flat spot on any table that isn't already sharing some space with a chess computer. I may just have to put some of these dedicated chess computers back in the box.

Hats off to the long time members and their deep knowledge of all things computer chess. It seems as if every time I have a question, someone has already asked and answered it, sometimes years ago. Sargon1972, Hans, has been especially helpful with tips and advice. In some forums, it is clear that there are resident experts that know information through research or through first hand knowledge. This forum has both, with people posting about recollections of product introductions back in the day, and others that have collected information from various sources. I will say that reading some of the posts has certainly had an impact on my decision to buy a particular computer or not.

Many thanks,
Brian B
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

What a nice post

:-)
King Performance Chess Computer M830
Larry

Post by Larry »

11:30pm here as I'm about to retire for the night. A nice post by BrianB
just now finished off my day nicely. Brian, out of curiosity what country
are you in if you don't mind me asking?
L
Brian B

Post by Brian B »

You can find me in a suburb of the St Louis, Missouri metropolitan area, right in the middle of the USA. Home to the St Louis baseball Cardinals, as well as an outstanding chess club. In fact, I will be at the club later today watching some of the strongest players in the world battle it out for the 2014 Sinquefield Cup. Yesterday, Carlsen was on the Black side of a Scotch that was exciting from start to finish, ended in a draw with Vachier-Lagrave, who was playing White.

You can follow the results here: http://uschesschamps.com/live

Enjoy!

Brian B
fourthirty

Re: Just enjoying these dedicated chess computers

Post by fourthirty »

Brian B wrote:Hats off to the long time members and their deep knowledge of all things computer chess.
+1. Well said, Brian! I couldn't agree more.
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Brian B wrote:You can find me in a suburb of the St Louis, Missouri metropolitan area, right in the middle of the USA. Home to the St Louis baseball Cardinals, as well as an outstanding chess club. In fact, I will be at the club later today watching some of the strongest players in the world battle it out for the 2014 Sinquefield Cup. Yesterday, Carlsen was on the Black side of a Scotch that was exciting from start to finish, ended in a draw with Vachier-Lagrave, who was playing White.

You can follow the results here: http://uschesschamps.com/live

Enjoy!

Brian B

I must say thank you Brian for bringing this tournament to my attention it's been very exciting so far and one to watch for sure.

Peter
King Performance Chess Computer M830