power adapter for Saitek Kasparov President

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
jarek

power adapter for Saitek Kasparov President

Post by jarek »

Hello,

I have sucessfully used HGN5001 as a power adapter for Saitek Kasparov President.
I have recently sold the computer to France.
New owner has complained that he cannot use the adaper because it is unstable. Instead, he uses batteries.

HGN5001 is indicated as the proper adapter for Saitek Kasparov President here:
http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... _President

However, here
http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/index.php/HGN_5001
it is said that HGN5001 is a 8V adapter while on the box of Saitek Kasparov President as well as in the manual it is said, that a 9V adapter should be used (without naming a particular model).

Question:
what power adapter should be used?
I don't know what happened, because I have never had problems with HGN 5001 in combination with this computer.

thank you for help!
kind regards,
Jarek
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

As schach-computer states that power adapter i would not worry about it as for 9 volts i think 6 batteries would probably be nearer 8 volts. I cannot see that you have done any wrong and i think the buyer is being pedantic.
King Performance Chess Computer M830
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Jarek,

Well i have deal with that problem some times also.
For a reason they do not work 100% by the new owner. But when i test them they work 100% , i do always play 1 ore 2 games to check the Computer.
The power supply lose some voltage for a reason? shipping?
In your case , u have used the right power supply no question about that.
So maybe to make everyone happy let him buy a universal power supply with different Voltage he can use, also 9V , the Ma i should take 1000Ma , do not worry the Board will only take the Ma it need ,so u/he do not mess up anything . They can be buy for 10 Euro ore less
So then pay him, and all are happy i think

Good Luck,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
rookorbycrook

president

Post by rookorbycrook »

i have two presidents one original adapter the other is a 9v it does state in the manual dont use anything other than the adapter that comes with the computer but if its 9v i really wouldnt think it would matter only it it was above 9 v ( yours being 8v its ok )

can i ask do you have a photo of your president that you sold what was the condition of it... would you know where i could get the battery springs replaced as they leaked and now only the adapter plug works for one of my machines many thanks
jarek

Post by jarek »

thanks a lot for all comments!
I sent a 9V adapter to new owner and it works fine now - I have just received positive feedback on eBay :)

rookorbycrook, I think I saw your nick on RHP?
my President was in very good condition - check out the eBay listing:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Saitek-Kasparov- ... 1449228372

at the same you can also see my other chess items for sale on eBay :)

I don't know where to buy the parts you need, but there is an active listing for Saitek President without pieces, maybe you can grab it cheaply.
See here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/271628402294?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT
rookorbycrook

rhp

Post by rookorbycrook »

hello jarek oooo just missed that one found another bidding for a president closes 27th oct i only just checked today and seen message that one ended 16th oct but many thanks ah..... so you are on red hot pawn ? yes i am on there who is nick ?? you fancy a game or 2 ;-) just been over isle of man congress not the poker stars was at the one before some of the players in the major were at poker stars to, managed a few rapid games with them in between rounds .... great weekend it was back in april ;-)