Laptop Suggestions for Chess proffesionals

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Kingfischer64

Laptop Suggestions for Chess proffesionals

Post by Kingfischer64 »

Hi Friends .I am confused between whether to purchase Gaming laptop notebooks or Laptop/mobile Workstations .Which is better for chess proffesionals and if so which company is better Asus G-750 or MSI GT-60 OR GT-70 workstations

My Main Uses will be -Heavy use of engine analysis So need better cooling facilities
Good Monitor Display
Budget- 1500-2500 Dollars

Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance:)
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Gaming laptops will have fancy graphics cards, and you don't need one of those for chess.

I use a HP Elitebook (dual core Ivy Bridge @ 2.6GHz, boosts to over 3GHz with turbo).

I'd recommend it. Lenovo are also worth a look. And the MacBook Pro should not be dismissed since you can install windows on it easily.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Carl Bicknell wrote:Gaming laptops will have fancy graphics cards, and you don't need one of those for chess.

I use a HP Elitebook (dual core Ivy Bridge @ 2.6GHz, boosts to over 3GHz with turbo).

I'd recommend it. Lenovo are also worth a look. And the MacBook Pro should not be dismissed since you can install windows on it easily.
Another option is to buy a cheap laptop and connect remotely to your machine at home.
Kingfischer64

Post by Kingfischer64 »

Thks friends for your suggestions :)