Fritz 11

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Fritz 11

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hi,

There is already an update for fritz 11 http://www.fritzserver.org/updates/gui11.msi

I have no idea what it is for - does anyone know?

I notice and am surprised with Fritz 11 that there are almost 0 engine parameters!?

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I hope it solved some problems the gui made. After installing F11 i had severe problems with DF10 gui - UCI engines were loosing on time, engines matches didn't work properly. So i removed F11 from one of my comps. On another comp i tried to get rid of F11 by using Windows system restore, but that was a mistake. After that i got bluescreens.
I hope that will now get better.
The new service pack changes the gui's design a bit - the replay arrows are now pink. :roll:

Best regards,
Lukas
oddius
Nutter

Post by oddius »

Installed service pack had to remove and reinstall F11, Hiarcs wouldn't work in kib mode, and DS11 kept crashing in kib mode. Other UCI engines like Rybka OK. :evil:
All hail The Paleman.
Erik Roggenburg

Post by Erik Roggenburg »

They sent me a link to this update when I was grumbling about the fact that my older engines (Hiarcs 9, Hiarcs 8 Bareev, Shredder 8) did not work anymore.

After installing the update, I had more problems with engines that had previously worked before - especially UCI engines. I uninstalled Fritz 11, and then re-installed to get rid of the "update."
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Fritz 11 as a GUI has been pretty bad all around, and I am worried about installing a service pack that just might make things worse. I have never been able to play engine games on the Playchess server with this stupid GUI, as my engine refuses to start after exiting book. Only GUI8 has ever worked for me there.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

turbojuice1122 wrote:Fritz 11 as a GUI has been pretty bad all around, and I am worried about installing a service pack that just might make things worse. I have never been able to play engine games on the Playchess server with this stupid GUI, as my engine refuses to start after exiting book. Only GUI8 has ever worked for me there.
Hi Turbo,

I can tell you how to fix this. search your computer for all files ending .cblay and .cbrecent and delete them - reboot and it will play ok again. These files I cant remember the exact path to but it is something like doccuments and settings/aplication data/chessbase/chess programx etc...

This method has worked for several people.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Thank you; I'll try that.