classic games and chess

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
kgvetter

classic games and chess

Post by kgvetter »

Hi,

is anyone informed if the company mentioned above is still in existence? In the past I ordered Fidelity-manuals, pieces and more (even a set of Bavaria pieces) from them, but a current email from me was left unanswered. Their website has not changed in the last 15 years with the same inconsistencies (a set of pieces for the Elite AS is offered for $ 99 whereas the pieces for other Elites are $ 55). I had ordered both in the past and naturally it was exactly the same piece set.

Thanks for any info,

Gerhard
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

I haven't done business with them before, but I have visited their website.

I'm not sure what this indicates - the last activity posted on BBB was back in February:

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/b ... complaints
Brian B

Post by Brian B »

I purchased an EAG adapter plug from Classic Chess and Games just over two months ago, received it, and it works fine. I tried calling them on the phone during business hours with an additional question, no one answered the phone, and they don't return calls left on voicemail either. Based on my experience, and reading some of the complaints in the BBB report, this company would be a supplier of last resort. You might get lucky or you might not, with little recourse except through your CC company.

Buyer beware regards,
Brian B
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

If you go to the C&G website, it says 'Ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction' :).

I think that all remains of the company is one person, presumably the owner. I've talked to him a couple of times, the last time being over a year ago. Both times, he talked down to me such that I decided not to do business there.
Chessbama

Post by Chessbama »

I ordered an adapter for a Fidelity Comp from him a few weeks back. Company is still in business but the guy that answers the phone always sounds pissed.