Replacement Portorose Pieces

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Chessbama

Replacement Portorose Pieces

Post by Chessbama »

Hello,
I was wondering if anybody had a lead on where I could find replacement pieces for a Portorose 68030. Found a store in Europe that will send nice wooden pieces that will work, but was hoping to find something really close to originals. We're about to list on on Ebay ( HOS ) and was considering purchasing functional pieces for it first and including it with the listing.
xchessg

Re: Replacement Portorose Pieces

Post by xchessg »

Chessbama wrote:Hello,
I was wondering if anybody had a lead on where I could find replacement pieces for a Portorose 68030. Found a store in Europe that will send nice wooden pieces that will work, but was hoping to find something really close to originals. We're about to list on on Ebay ( HOS ) and was considering purchasing functional pieces for it first and including it with the listing.
Hi

I think Niggemann has the most suitable:

https://www.schachversand.de/startneu2.htm

Look in the shop under computers: spare parts. It's the München Chessmen you're looking for.

Xavier