Looking for...

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Helen

Looking for

Post by Helen »

Hey guys, Im looking for some MUDs that have like 100
players online usually at all times, I already know of
Aardwolf and New worlds Ateraan, but if there are some others
could ya list the ones you know so I can look through them?

Thanks.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Mentat wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:It must be a prerogative for people who like chess to also like SF books. I grew up loving the SF books mainly written in the 1940's and 1950's which I think was the classic era of Science Fiction. Isaac Asimov with his Foundation series and Robot mysteries. EE Doc Smith and his Lensman series. Robert Heinlein and AE van Vogt all spring to mind, as well as Ray Bradbury. I must have read every one of their books when I was growing up.

Hmmmm wondering if 70's Rock music is another prerogative :P I went to see Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band last Sunday. What a great concert!!

Best regards,
Yes, I go along with you as far as the SF of the 40's and 50's. Regarding the 70's rock I am not quite sure. The rock of the 70's may have stemmed from the hallucinogenic poetic weave world of beat and rock poetry but it need not have the necessary ties with computer chess. Or, it may all have been the Spirit of the Times, expanding your mind any which way you can, even pushing wood :).
Ooops I forgot to ask you.. What's your favorite music? Guessing Kolo i Srpske pesme! :P

Narodna regards
Nick
Mentat

Post by Mentat »

spacious_mind wrote:
Mentat wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:It must be a prerogative for people who like chess to also like SF books. I grew up loving the SF books mainly written in the 1940's and 1950's which I think was the classic era of Science Fiction. Isaac Asimov with his Foundation series and Robot mysteries. EE Doc Smith and his Lensman series. Robert Heinlein and AE van Vogt all spring to mind, as well as Ray Bradbury. I must have read every one of their books when I was growing up.

Hmmmm wondering if 70's Rock music is another prerogative :P I went to see Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band last Sunday. What a great concert!!

Best regards,
Yes, I go along with you as far as the SF of the 40's and 50's. Regarding the 70's rock I am not quite sure. The rock of the 70's may have stemmed from the hallucinogenic poetic weave world of beat and rock poetry but it need not have the necessary ties with computer chess. Or, it may all have been the Spirit of the Times, expanding your mind any which way you can, even pushing wood :).
Ooops I forgot to ask you.. What's your favorite music? Guessing Kolo i Srpske pesme! :P

Narodna regards
Sorry to disappoint you :) When I was a teenager it was the Beatles, then the Led Zeppelin, then I started with jazz and R & B... Now I mostly listen to classical music, and to Soma FM on the Internet, something like Lush or Downtempo. And I love listening to Koffee with a K. Srpske pesme are not my cup of tea, never have been. It does NOT mean that I do not listen to them at all, every now and then I need to :), and you know what I mean. Although there are some (very few though) that I find cute, gentle and nice, with sensible lyrics.

Dj.