Kittinger to de Koning - the Chessmaster transition

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Steve B wrote:
Reinfeld wrote:

The numbers above don't seem to support this conjecture, but maybe I'm missing something. I would also be curious about Selective Search numbers, but I don't have access to them. For Steve's sake, let's leave out the PC program part of the discussion. :) R30 2.2 and 2.5 are significantly stronger than RISC 2500/Montreux, and the strength difference between the latter two doesn't seem to support the idea that they're running different engine versions. Personally, I think Montreux's larger opening book makes more sense as an explanation.

- R.
Will Post selective search Rating's for the above four computers later today
Pending Regards
Steve
Last Selective Search Ratings:
R30 2.5-2330
R30 V2.2-2297

Montreux-2211
Risc 2500(128kb)-2192

SS also has ratings for 2500 versions that sold with higher ram but as the Montreux was only sold with 128kb ram I posted only the 128kb 2500 rating

SS Regards
Steve
Reinfeld

Post by Reinfeld »

Thank you, Steve.

- R.
"You have, let us say, a promising politician, a rising artist that you wish to destroy. Dagger or bomb are archaic and unreliable - but teach him, inoculate him with chess."
– H.G. Wells