Need more engines for my Revelation II

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
chesspcmac

Need more engines for my Revelation II

Post by chesspcmac »

After having beaten all of the engines of my REV II Im now in the search for new VICTIMS. Any new engines coming in the near future?? What about the TASC engines or the fidelity engines? Any Ideas? Maybe I can give my REV II a bishop odds?

Bored to death

Bulls*** regards

Mike
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

I'm totally with you that we need more engines for the Rev II, preferably emulations from the 90's rhyming with *FLASK*.

But...you've beaten all your engines?!? HIARCS 14.1 at full speed is nearly 2900 elo, this is hard to believe.
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Carl Bicknell wrote:But...you've beaten all your engines?!? HIARCS 14.1 at full speed is nearly 2900 elo, this is hard to believe.
My thoughts exactly but hey ho

Peter
King Performance Chess Computer M830
chesspcmac

Post by chesspcmac »

Hi Guys!! I was just being sarcastic. So far I have played like 80 games with different engines and I have only manage two draws. Im a patzer, nevertheless I want more engines.... Fritz 4, Junior 5, The KING, chessmaster, Old engines are the best. Come on Rudd!! More engines!!!
Another question: Now that we had our Rev IIs for a while, any new suggestions for a new update??

any thoughts??

Mike
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

chesspcmac wrote:Hi Guys!! I was just being sarcastic. So far I have played like 80 games with different engines and I have only manage two draws. Im a patzer, nevertheless I want more engines....
Haha - you had me fooled. I was also just about to call BS!
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

chesspcmac wrote:Hi Guys!! I was just being sarcastic. So far I have played like 80 games with different engines and I have only manage two draws. Im a patzer, nevertheless I want more engines.... Fritz 4, Junior 5, The KING, chessmaster, Old engines are the best. Come on Rudd!! More engines!!!
Another question: Now that we had our Rev IIs for a while, any new suggestions for a new update??

any thoughts??

Mike
Hello Mike,

More engines ore programs , well it is not so easy as most will think
The source code have to be given to Ruud, the Chess program have to be "tuned" as Mark Uniacke, Giancarlo (Sjeng) Stefan (Schredder) for the Revelation, because it runs on a lot less MHz then a PC ,also less Memory
Some programs are written in other codes, then Rev use
Do the programmer want this to do? , Ruud(Tasc) have to make a deal of every sold unit/program of the programmer
Also with the old programs, u can not take them ...the license ore the word of the programmer ore company is needed (not for all)
And i think i forget some issues
I know Ruud did have contact with a lot of programmers ,Johan de Koning for example
As tester for the Phoenix computers i also said and suggest .....Kallisto
and many more interesting programs .but not all can be done

New project .......well i think Ruud can answer this better as me
But i see Ruud so now and then :wink: also i visit him at his house from time to time
I can say ....yes there is a project ongoing by Ruud
And that is all i can say , ore as i may say

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans