Manual for Mephisto Mondial II?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Mentat

Manual for Mephisto Mondial II?

Post by Mentat »

Does anyone have a user's manual for this strange, so much neglected (in the sense that one can't find much relevant info on) chess computer? I'd appreciate if you could refer me to some other place than Zanchetta's because the manual in German I found there is almost unreadable as it is very much washed out, almost faded.

I'd also like to find some games played by this computer. I got it today and started testing it on some positions -- it seems to be one of those Morsch programs that can solve the unsolvable endgame position (only the Modena can do it) (1b6/1P2k3/1PK3Pp/7P/5p2/4pB2/8/8 w - - 0 1). The Mondial II gets it done in about 7 min.

Thanks for any help.

Dj.
bataais

Post by bataais »

Hello Mentat,

my Mondial II solves this endgame position in about 9 min. And the Mondial (1), Frans Morsch's first, solves it in 3min 10sec! The Europa not in 40min.

I'm looking for the manual for Mondial (1), although it seems very similar to Mondial II, except no dynamic display move, you have to press info multiple times.