reset clock settings

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

avonm

reset clock settings

Post by avonm »

i bought the hiarcs app for ipad. i want to play without time control, and i don't want the app thinks much time before playing the move. Unfortunately i selected a clock setting (e.g. 'game in 30') and i don't know how to reset. I know i can select 'game in 90' which is enough time for me, but then the app takes a long time to play the move. I want the app to behave like it was initially, when there was no time control
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Choose a 1 second a move setting or Game in 2 mins for fast response. This can be selected under Clock Settings
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
avonm

Post by avonm »

Mark Uniacke wrote:Choose a 1 second a move setting or Game in 2 mins for fast response. This can be selected under Clock Settings
i want hiarcs to play fast but i don't want time limits for me, so i think an option 'no time control' in clock settings would be useful.

meanwhile i redownloaded the app, now i don't want to select any time control because i know i won't be able to deselect it and return to the initial setting
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

avonm wrote:
Mark Uniacke wrote:Choose a 1 second a move setting or Game in 2 mins for fast response. This can be selected under Clock Settings
i want hiarcs to play fast but i don't want time limits for me, so i think an option 'no time control' in clock settings would be useful.

meanwhile i redownloaded the app, now i don't want to select any time control because i know i won't be able to deselect it and return to the initial setting
You can let your clock run to 0 Hiarcs will still play on.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

You can always set a no time control in Play->New game...

To do this uncheck the Time control checkbox.

Without time control the engine you are playing will move quickly you can take as long as you like

Alternatively you can set a time control for the game and give yourself some extra time using the Extra time for human play option, that way you can set a time control for the computer to observe and you can spend longer.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
avonm

Post by avonm »

Mark Uniacke wrote:You can always set a no time control in Play->New game...

To do this uncheck the Time control checkbox.

Without time control the engine you are playing will move quickly you can take as long as you like

Alternatively you can set a time control for the game and give yourself some extra time using the Extra time for human play option, that way you can set a time control for the computer to observe and you can spend longer.
i cannot find a 'time control' checkbox. Anyway now i am playing at 'two seconds per move' and it's ok, it doesn't affect my clock but just the app's one