Death of Janice

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Death of Janice

Post by Fernando »

My beloved old cat 19 years old, named Janice, died half an hour ago.
She had a great life and died without suffering.
Here my wife, daughters and myself have shed abundant tears
Janice was with me many afternoons when I was playing chess with our machines.
She was real comfort after so many defeats.
I ask you all if she deserves to be put in the hall of fame of computer chess enthusiasts...

In case you say no, my Serbians are ready to make you change your minds...

Sad regards
fern
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

I see the Serbians are out in full force.

I never know if you are being serious or not. If, yes then my commiserations for your loss of Janice.

Best regards
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:I see the Serbians are out in full force.

I never know if you are being serious or not. If, yes then my commiserations for your loss of Janice.

Best regards
I am being serious.
One of the most moving things during her last minutes of life was the manner as one of my dogs cried and caressed her with his tongue....

I have and had lot of pets, many have already died and several will do the same soon. Almost all are old, as the owner.
Death of even a little bird -I have dug so many tombs for them- put me in a sad mood as those little tragedies depicts all the same the fragility and sadness of life.

Here with Schopenhauer to get consolation regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

My condolences to you and your family Fern
we lost 3 cats over the last 20 years and I know how painful it can be
cats seem to die in a very sad.. pitiful way
your Janice is lucky to have died peacefully

my wife no longer wants any more cats because she said she just cant deal with the dying anymore
I cant disagree

RIP Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:My condolences to you and your family Fern
we lost 3 cats over the last 20 years and I know how painful it can be
cats seem to die in a very sad.. pitiful way
your Janice is lucky to have died peacefully

my wife no longer wants any more cats because she said she just cant deal with the dying anymore
I cant disagree

RIP Regards
Steve
Thank you Steve.
We just buried her and my daughter are looking for flowers and things to put over the grave.
This seem so preposterous and yet it hurts.

weak heart regards
fern
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

I have three cats and I can't even bear the thought of even considering a future possibility of losing one of them.
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:I have three cats and I can't even bear the thought of even considering a future possibility of losing one of them.
When you have loved ones at your side, people of pets, you are in the hands of destiny. You buy the pleasure of his presence with the certain pain of his death. There is no way to escape of this situation, exception made you are nut and live alone in an island, but even so it is possible you get affection for a monkey or a rat and there you have it, all the same...

Conundrum regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Mentat

Re: Death of Janice

Post by Mentat »

Fernando wrote:My beloved old cat 19 years old, named Janice, died half an hour ago.
I ask you all if she deserves to be put in the hall of fame of computer chess enthusiasts...

Sad regards
fern
Dear Fern,

I am sorry for your Janice. So are the other members of my family. Alex got to know Janice, I think. Anyway, we emphasize with you and we love cats as well -- Alex keeps three in her apartment and we have only one, Mia, who's 13 now. We love them all and we know how painful it may be when one of them passes. So far, we've lost three cats -- one we called Kawasaki (he was so fast and ran around at full speed), then another one we named Hawkeye, and then Mia's mother.

Condolences.

Dj.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

I had two cats (male & female) up to about 3 months ago. I then had to take them both to the vets for their regular check up and I saw this little kitten about 3 months old that looked pitiful and so skinny, but very lively. So I asked the nurse about it and she explained that they have had him there since a small baby and they can't put him with the other kittens, because he drives them all crazy by jumping on them all the time. And no people wanted him because of him being such a live wire. Anyway she said that if no one takes him in a few days he would be going to a stables with horses and he would live his life there. That future fate would probably have been better for him then what he would have living with people, but anyway I felt bad for him and went home thinking about the poor thing being stuck in a small solitary cage all of his life up to that point. Anyway I felt bad for him. Next day I went back to the vets and picked him up and brought him home. My other two cats are now about two years old. They both accepted him and life is good. He has also I guess because of his past life been very clingy to me, he always has to snuggle up close in between my arm when I am stretched out on a sofa watching TV while the other two are stretched out on the back of the sofa. So we all watch TV together. That is when they are not chasing each other around the house and run to this enclosed deck that I have at the back of the house, which they can get to through a door between the kitchen and dining room (in and out chase chase). So life is good for the three of them and me.

The problem is they all love chess computers so there are areas where they are not allowed and they hate that they can't go there and they never give up trying! :P

Best regards

ps.. he has two names, officially he is Mephisto but his second name which he also gets called by and turns his head around for is Cooking Fat. :P
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Death of Janice

Post by Fernando »

Mentat wrote:
Fernando wrote:My beloved old cat 19 years old, named Janice, died half an hour ago.

Sad regards
fern
Dear Fern,

I am sorry for your Janice. So are the other members of my family. Alex got to know Janice, I think. Anyway, we emphasize with you and we love cats as well -- Alex keeps three in her apartment and we have only one, Mia, who's 13 now. We love them all and we know how painful it may be when one of them passes. So far, we've lost three cats -- one we called Kawasaki (he was so fast and ran around at full speed), then another one we named Hawkeye, and then Mia's mother.

Condolences.

Dj.
Thanks. Certainly Alexandra knew Janice. She was already living with us, healthy and fast as a lightning.
Festina Lente
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:I had two cats (male & female) up to about 3 months ago. I then had to take them both to the vets for their regular check up and I saw this little kitten about 3 months old that looked pitiful and so skinny, but very lively. So I asked the nurse about it and she explained that they have had him there since a small baby and they can't put him with the other kittens, because he drives them all crazy by jumping on them all the time. And no people wanted him because of him being such a live wire. Anyway she said that if no one takes him in a few days he would be going to a stables with horses and he would live his life there. That future fate would probably have been better for him then what he would have living with people, but anyway I felt bad for him and went home thinking about the poor thing being stuck in a small solitary cage all of his life up to that point. Anyway I felt bad for him. Next day I went back to the vets and picked him up and brought him home. My other two cats are now about two years old. They both accepted him and life is good. He has also I guess because of his past life been very clingy to me, he always has to snuggle up close in between my arm when I am stretched out on a sofa watching TV while the other two are stretched out on the back of the sofa. So we all watch TV together. That is when they are not chasing each other around the house and run to this enclosed deck that I have at the back of the house, which they can get to through a door between the kitchen and dining room (in and out chase chase). So life is good for the three of them and me.

The problem is they all love chess computers so there are areas where they are not allowed and they hate that they can't go there and they never give up trying! :P

Best regards

ps.. he has two names, officially he is Mephisto but his second name which he also gets called by and turns his head around for is Cooking Fat. :P
Every one of the pet I had or have comes from similar origin. No one bought in a shop of pets. All of them rescued from the street or whatever place they were without hppe.

Fern
Festina Lente
dedicate computers

our dogs and cats

Post by dedicate computers »

I know very well suffer the feeling for our dogs and cats. yesterday was sad for me, because my poodle is in hospital to see if it saves from having seizures.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:

ps.. he has two names, officially he is Mephisto
a sure sign you are spending waaay too much time with the Hobby Nick
:P

Teasing Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:

ps.. he has two names, officially he is Mephisto
a sure sign you are spending waaay too much time with the Hobby Nick
:P

Teasing Regards
Steve
I didn't want him to be stuck with only Cooking Fat which was the only other name I was using knowing that I was now stuck with 3 cats! :P

I know regards
Nick
kgvetter

Post by kgvetter »

Hi,

interesting enough we have two cats, the Siames cats official name is "Gauner von Penski" which is an awful name for such a beautiful cat, so we baptized him "Mephisto". Our Russian blue came with the official name of Milan, so far I had not thought about changing that but now I think about adding an o to his name.

Anyway I had no idea that there might be other cats in the world called Mephisto...

Gerhard