Hiarcs 2015 - a new Hiarcs engine?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

herO wrote:
Carl Bicknell wrote:
Mark Uniacke wrote:I have had a few questions about the HCE v2 release and I want to clarify the release will not happen until the autumn at the earliest. I apologise for my over optimisitic prior estimates.
Just glancing at the calendar and noticing it is now September and looking out the window and noticing the weather is distinctly Autumnal in England; is there any update on HCE v2 or the HIARCS 15 engine?

Thanks.
New Hiarcs Chess Explorer 2.0 and Hiarcs 15 will be probably available after Summer 2017.
:shock:

That's...quite a lot longer than expected. How do you know that?
herO

Post by herO »

Carl Bicknell wrote:
herO wrote:
Carl Bicknell wrote:
Mark Uniacke wrote:I have had a few questions about the HCE v2 release and I want to clarify the release will not happen until the autumn at the earliest. I apologise for my over optimisitic prior estimates.
Just glancing at the calendar and noticing it is now September and looking out the window and noticing the weather is distinctly Autumnal in England; is there any update on HCE v2 or the HIARCS 15 engine?

Thanks.
New Hiarcs Chess Explorer 2.0 and Hiarcs 15 will be probably available after Summer 2017.
:shock:

That's...quite a lot longer than expected. How do you know that?
Every year we received the same answer. New HCE and Hiarcs 15 engine are still in development. It is not completed at all. Mark wants to be sure that his product will be great as his predecessor. As you can see, Mark uses his new experimental versions of Hiarcs in official chess tournaments for many years. Mark does not work only on Hiarcs 15 engine, but also works on Hiarcs Chess Explorer GUI and it is not ready for official release. Hiarcs 15 will be released with Hiarcs Chess Explorer 2.0. Those products will not be released separately.
Egbert

Post by Egbert »

Hello,

Any news about Hiarcs 15? I love the playing style of the engine of Mark Uniacke.

Best regards
Egbert
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

I'd love to get an update on this, even if it's just to hear it won't come until 2019 or the project is dead (which hopefully it isn't).
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Carl Bicknell wrote:I'd love to get an update on this, even if it's just to hear it won't come until 2019 or the project is dead (which hopefully it isn't).
Certainly not dead, Just delays.........
herO

Post by herO »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Carl Bicknell wrote:I'd love to get an update on this, even if it's just to hear it won't come until 2019 or the project is dead (which hopefully it isn't).
Hello Harvey, could you please tell us when Hiarcs 15 will be released?
Eelvelt

Post by Eelvelt »

herO wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Hi, I am also very curious to hear if and when Hiarcs will come with a new release of the engine and of the GUI. Will Hiarcs want to compete with the strongest? Or will Hiarcs go into another direction such as sophisticated analysis features, a human-like playing style, chess tools for opening repertoires, problem-design or book writing. Hope to see a serious reply.
LoveChessAH

Post by LoveChessAH »

Eelvelt wrote:
herO wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Hi, I am also very curious to hear if and when Hiarcs will come with a new release of the engine and of the GUI. Will Hiarcs want to compete with the strongest? Or will Hiarcs go into another direction such as sophisticated analysis features, a human-like playing style, chess tools for opening repertoires, problem-design or book writing. Hope to see a serious reply.
Few people know what to do with HIARCS. I am also one of those who do not know it and yet indirectly support HIARCS for a very long time.
Use DeepHiarcs 14 with Chess Explorer and since years a book subscriber and online book license.
Personally, I find it sad to receive nothing to the inquiry until no unique information.
Are there delays in engine development or is it the Chess Explorer or even the 64bit implementation?
Personally, I fear that the later an update/upgrade comes, the sooner "the train for Hiarcs has left".
So Team HIARCS - keep us happy or the unfamiliarity increases.
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Any HIARCS 15 shaped surprises coming down the chimney this year..?
herO

Post by herO »

Carl Bicknell wrote:Any HIARCS 15 shaped surprises coming down the chimney this year..?
I wrote about new Hiarcs version with Mark. It is unlikely that Hiarcs will be released this year. I suppose we will get Hiarcs Chess Explorer v2 with Hiarcs 15 next year 2019. You can be sure that Mark and his team work hard on new version. :)