Deep HIARCS 1.9.3 regression bug (& improvement suggesti

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

EloDeficit

Deep HIARCS 1.9.3 regression bug (& improvement suggesti

Post by EloDeficit »

The small chess board preview shown when hovering over the engine analysis sub-window is not being updated! It always shows the same position as the main window! This applies only to the Mac version and the Windows version is not affected.

While on the topic, this preview would be best displayed in its own designated place, and should be resizable, and sticky! e.g. clicking on a move in the analysis pane would set the analysis board. A resizable analysis board? Now that would be useful!

Currently, the preview jumps around because it follows the mouse, covers the analysis lines and if you move the mouse a bit, it disappears, which is very annoying. At least for me, it is just too small to be useful. I would probably not miss it if it were not there anymore.

Please consider improving this feature: done well, it would really improve the analysis functionality!
EloDeficit

Post by EloDeficit »

Luckily an intermittent occurrence - locking/unlocking the analysis position with hovering over the analysis history inbetween resets the previews.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

We are unable to reproduce the issue.

In terms of the appearance of the pop up PV board that is something we are working on.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
EloDeficit

Post by EloDeficit »

Thank you for the response. I have intermittently noticed this when I have used the Deep Shredder engine (legally licensed and registered) for analysis. Starting/stopping the engine fixes the issue.