My latest aquisition. Conic 7013

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I have one of those adapters and will try it on mine.

Best regards
Nick
kosterix

super sensor IV

Post by kosterix »

According to https://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/i ... stellation
the sensor iv aka sensor dynamic is the forefather of the constellation, which is further improved (mainly due to higher clock not algo) so, having a constellation 3.6mhz obviates any need for a sensor iv.
Strive for avoiding anything flat that emits light. Love the unhackable chess computer with real pieces and a tactile feel. I do not collect, I live.
spacious_mind

Re: super sensor IV

Post by spacious_mind »

kosterix wrote:According to https://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/i ... stellation
the sensor iv aka sensor dynamic is the forefather of the constellation, which is further improved (mainly due to higher clock not algo) so, having a constellation 3.6mhz obviates any need for a sensor iv.

I am not sure I understand why one would eliminate the need for another. Super Sensor IV is 1286 USCF in strength, Constellation 2 1600, Constellation 3.6 1836, Super Constellation 1897, Constellation Forte/Expert 1971, Forte A 2016.

So you might as well say get a Constellation Forte B and that eliminates the need for all the rest...or even the need for all computers below 2016 ELO, including Forte A.

Best regards
Nick
Larry

Post by Larry »

Mike Watters wrote:Congrats on getting the Conic 7013 Larry.

Sorry to hear that it isn't working properly yet. I am sure you will stumble across the cause/solution.

The magnetic switch board seems to work a good deal better on the Conic than it does on the Mark VI Sensory Board. The Conic is a pleasant machine to play whereas the Mark VI is finicky about how you pick up and place the pieces, and a bit of a pain.

Prior to the 2014 Klingenberg Travemunde Tournament I played through the 1981 Travemunde Conic games to see if the 7013 has the same or similar program and my one didn't have a problem. It's seems most likely to be a poor connection or power supply issue. Larry is your Conic the same inside?

http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/con ... hnoi-.html

All the best
Mike
Hi, Mike, sorry about the extremely late reply. Yes, mine does look the
same as yours inside. A whole lot of ribbon cables and diodes, plenty of
places for a problem to occur. I’m getting the normal startup jingle with
playing field lights flickering, along with some control panel lights, then it
all goes dead. I’ve actually got two of these things, both responding the
same as each other on startup. I did notice the power input needs
a minimum 500mA of current, which meant going out and buying
a suitable adaptor, but sadly to no avail. Any ideas where else on the
main board I should check?