"very slightly used novag super VIP"

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
JMark

"very slightly used novag super VIP"

Post by JMark »

Sorry, but morons like this piss me off. VIP from an estate sale described as "very slightly used" The back label is almost completely worn, one screw is stripped out, the other screw has corrosion, probably from the battery acid fumes that contaminated the whole inside of the unit. The description is topped of with the classic "Was told everything worked great when last used"

No pictures of the battery compartment until I asked, then he adds some and writes "looks OK, Slight green on a couple of connectors." I guess he is talking about the slight green on top of all the rust and corrosion. The scary thing is I think MAYBE some of these people are just mindless idiots and aren't intentionally trying to deceive although I don't know which is worse.

Or how about others with the "normal wear" phrase! What is normal wear? I keep my computers mint! Is that abnormal wear?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Novag-S ... 3aa79554e9
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

It was very lightly used. However, it was left out in the rain with the batteries in it. Looks like the manual was out there (in the rain) also. :)
JMark

Post by JMark »

LOL, oh yeah, I never thought of that!
SirDave wrote:It was very lightly used. However, it was left out in the rain with the batteries in it. Looks like the manual was out there (in the rain) also. :)
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

And the seller has 100% feedback (316) with a 4.9/5 rating for accuracy of item description. What a complete and utter joke. This is the reason I am incredibly circumspect when it comes to eBay these days.
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.