Fidelity Designer Display 2100/Par Excellence ROM

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
trontreez

Fidelity Designer Display 2100/Par Excellence ROM

Post by trontreez »

Hi fellow chess computer enthusiasts. I'm in need of a replacement ROM for my faulty Fidelity Designer display 2100 chess computer. Does anyone have the ROM file for the 2100 or a similar program ? It should be the chip with the little orange "6I" sticker on it and not the white "BK 3" sticker which would make it the book. It's a 27C256-12, D, 8931 WSI so where all on the same page here. You can see the PCB here:

http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/im ... nger_7.JPG

Please can somebody help me out with the ROM before I lose patience and put a Analyst D++ ROM in it's place and find out what happens the hard way.

Frankensteinly & Needy regards,
Your Pal,
tt
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello ,

Well for 100% the D++ will not work ,because other program and the D++ is only for boards with reed contacts, yours have a sensor board .
So it will never work

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
trontreez

Post by trontreez »

Hi Hans,

I thought the game ROM was purely the instruction set for the playing program. You must forgive my ignorance. In your expert opinion am I'm limited to using the game ROM from only the Designer series (2000/2100 +/- Display, Chesster, Kishon etc) or can I use a Par Excellence game ROM as well ?

What odds are you giving for it plays through the opening book then crashes?

Gambling regards,

Your Pal TT
dedicate computers

"Rom" Par Excellence

Post by dedicate computers »

HI Hans, does the Rom of Par Excellence would work with the computer? I have the Par Excellence (ROM)
trontreez

Re: "Rom" Par Excellence

Post by trontreez »

dedicate computers wrote:HI Hans, does the Rom of Par Excellence would work with the computer? I have the Par Excellence (ROM)
To be honest I doubt if Hans has the expertise to determine if a Par Excellence ROM would work in a Designer series board. In the past he seemed more concerned in selling the Analyst D+/D++ ROMs which were freely available at one time...

Maybe we need to get McClane in here to yippee ki yay on a mf

In any case I'll be getting a EPROM programmer shortly and will fit a socket adapter to my Designer PCB so I can interchange book and program ROMs easily. Just like with the Scisys Analyst module. So I'd gladly appreciate a Par Excellence ROM to test out.

Die Hard Regards,
Your Pal TT