Dedicated computer emulations: uci engines

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Cyberchess wrote: Nice tech toy!
Haha, thanks John. Although I have been an Apple supporter since my first Mac SE computer in 1987 (academic price), I don't own an Apple watch (and don't plan to own one anytime soon).

Will have to keep playing HIARCS on my iPad regards...
Greg
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Fernando wrote:Beware with that kind of jokes; Steven has an strong relation with the "Elders", that can send to you an awful condemnation.
Fern,

I beg forgiveness from the "Elders". Please do not send me to that place of awful condemnation - being allowed only to post in the "Programming Discussions Special Forum", otherwise knowns as HIARCS Forum Purgatory.

Greg
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

fourthirty wrote: I beg forgiveness from the "Elders".
Your plea is being considered
as a sign of good faith .. you are required to somehow manage to actually play through one complete game with a Fidelity Chess Challenger 1

May The Time Pass Quickly Regards
Steve
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:Even better is if those old brains of old dedicated units does not run at all, as fits to ...

...a Museum item does not talk neither walk regards
Fern
Ah talking about Museums, I have to ask my learned friend. 100 years from now what would be more awe inspiring to people who visit a Museum?

a) A lovingly cared for fully functioning car made in 2015?
b) Just the engine?
c) Engine revving on a future techno computer?

Best regards
I suppose alternative A.
It comes trought the eyes and there is nothing more striking than that.

Fern
Yep, Steve's point I believe.
Excellent Analogy Nick
every Friday night during the Late Spring and Summer they have a Classic Car Show in the parking lot where i park my car to catch the commuter train into the City
not a formal show put on by a commercial company ..just every day folks show up at this lot with their beautiful classic cars from the 50's and 60's...all ..or most.. fully restored or preserved.. down to the cigarette lighter
walking around the lot is like being thrown back in time
now imagine taking the engine from a 1958 Dodge Silver Challenger and somehow Jerry rigging it to a 2015 Dodge Challenger
Aint natural i tell you

Fidelity And Dodge Challenger's Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:Even better is if those old brains of old dedicated units does not run at all, as fits to ...

...a Museum item does not talk neither walk regards
Fern
Ah talking about Museums, I have to ask my learned friend. 100 years from now what would be more awe inspiring to people who visit a Museum?

a) A lovingly cared for fully functioning car made in 2015?
b) Just the engine?
c) Engine revving on a future techno computer?

Best regards
I suppose alternative A.
It comes trought the eyes and there is nothing more striking than that.

Fern
Yep, Steve's point I believe.
Excellent Analogy Nick
every Friday night during the Late Spring and Summer they have a Classic Car Show in the parking lot where i park my car to catch the commuter train into the City
not a formal show put on by a commercial company ..just every day folks show up at this lot with their beautiful classic cars from the 50's and 60's...all ..or most.. fully restored or preserved.. down to the cigarette lighter
walking around the lot is like being thrown back in time
now imagine taking the engine from a 1958 Dodge Silver Challenger and somehow Jerry rigging it to a 2015 Dodge Challenger
Aint natural i tell you

Fidelity Chess And Dodge Challenger Regards
Steve
Yes, Steve. See, touch, feel, hear, smell makes your Friday night experience so special. It makes us very fortunate if we have all our senses combining perfectly as intended by nature to fully experience these moments of real wonder and pleasure.

It's Nature's Finest Way, regards
Nick
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Steve B wrote:
fourthirty wrote: I beg forgiveness from the "Elders".
Your plea is being considered
as a sign of good faith .. you are required to somehow manage to actually play through one complete game with a Fidelity Chess Challenger 1

May The Time Pass Quickly Regards
Steve
Elder Steve,

I attempted to comply with the penance assigned. However, I couldn't understand the Challenger 1's first move of A7 - C6? Why is allowed to move my black pawn in that manner? ;)

Greg