Ebay drama

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Nopawnintended

Ebay drama

Post by Nopawnintended »

I was the one selling the Montreaux on ebay that ended 5/25. The buyer, who has a USCF rating and otherwise appeared to be legit, implored me in two private ebay messages to ship on 6/15. I wasn't thrilled about this as I didn't receive this request until after the auction ended. Delaying shipping for this long costs my seller protection and counts as some kind of ding against my ebay account.

Well, guy opens an item not received claim against me yesterday on 6/13 ( after the post office is closed ) and demands tracking information. I paste his message where he implores me to ship on Monday, 6/15 and he apologizes for "forgetting". Well, despite his apologies he's ignoring my request to close the item not received claim and there is no way I'm sending a $980.00 computer without seller protection while there is an open claim against me. Without seller protection ,he could literally sign for this thing, claim he never received it in an e-mail 20 minutes later and then receive a full refund ( sounds insane but it happens). I'm cancelling the transaction and refunding his money if I don't hear anything from the buyer by tomorrow morning ( his time ).

If anybody wants this thing, $650.00 and it's yours. I hate to lowball myself like that due to the auction going so well but I need the money. I will take pictures of the computer while turned on from any angle you prefer. Will even find a newspaper article or something dated to throw in if you want. Just PM me with an e-mail and I will throw in pics. The link to my original listing is here, http://www.ebay.com/itm/221773494861?ss ... 1561.l2649 . Thanks.

Oh, and if anybody knows Zcooby1 ( winning bidder ), please ask him to get in touch with me . Been sending him texts, e-mails etc.. and nada.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Ebay drama

Post by Fernando »

Nopawnintended wrote:I was the one selling the Montreaux on ebay that ended 5/25. The buyer, who has a USCF rating and otherwise appeared to be legit, implored me in two private ebay messages to ship on 6/15. I wasn't thrilled about this as I didn't receive this request until after the auction ended. Delaying shipping for this long costs my seller protection and counts as some kind of ding against my ebay account.

Well, guy opens an item not received claim against me yesterday on 6/13 ( after the post office is closed ) and demands tracking information. I paste his message where he implores me to ship on Monday, 6/15 and he apologizes for "forgetting". Well, despite his apologies he's ignoring my request to close the item not received claim and there is no way I'm sending a $980.00 computer without seller protection while there is an open claim against me. Without seller protection ,he could literally sign for this thing, claim he never received it in an e-mail 20 minutes later and then receive a full refund ( sounds insane but it happens). I'm cancelling the transaction and refunding his money if I don't hear anything from the buyer by tomorrow morning ( his time ).

If anybody wants this thing, $650.00 and it's yours. I hate to lowball myself like that due to the auction going so well but I need the money. I will take pictures of the computer while turned on from any angle you prefer. Will even find a newspaper article or something dated to throw in if you want. Just PM me with an e-mail and I will throw in pics. The link to my original listing is here, http://www.ebay.com/itm/221773494861?ss ... 1561.l2649 . Thanks.

Oh, and if anybody knows Zcooby1 ( winning bidder ), please ask him to get in touch with me . Been sending him texts, e-mails etc.. and nada.
Bad luck, man. No rare to meet toxic people in any avenue of life.
Festina Lente
kgvetter

Post by kgvetter »

Hi,

I would be willing to pay you $ 650 for the item, paypal is possible.

I am in Germany so adding the necessary postage is also ok.

Let me know if that would be ok.

Gerhard
Monsieur Plastique

Re: Ebay drama

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

Nopawnintended,

Just so that I and others can get a better understanding, did the buyer lodge a Paypal dispute or an actual claim? A claim results from an unresolved dispute and can't be lodged without a previous dispute having been raised. I would have thought they actually just raised a dispute and not a claim, since if it were a claim, you'd already have been officially asked by Paypal to provide proof of postage.

If on the other hand he opened a dispute then perhaps his reluctance to close it is because once it has been closed, they can't open it again unless it is for a completely different reason. So for example, if he closes the dispute now and he genuinely did not receive it, he is the one up the creek without a paddle.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here to try and see the buyer's side of it, even though I don't agree one bit with how the buyer conducted themselves and I personally would have called it all off as a seller when they asked for the postage delay.

And although you are now selling it here, personally I would have just relisted it and put that particular buyer on your blocked bidder list. Problems like this on eBay are relatively rare (I'd say around 2% of my transactions have been horrible ones) and you would likely have had no issues the second time around.
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.
BlackSails911

Mephisto Montreaux

Post by BlackSails911 »

I would be interested in buying the computer as well. Maybe you should relist it on ebay? I am looking for a powerful, dedicated machine. I could pay with paypal as well. I am located in the USA
chesspcmac

Post by chesspcmac »

So what happened? Did u sell it already