Seeking a Mephisto Master / Milano Pro - willing to swap too

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
appleshampogal

Seeking a Mephisto Master / Milano Pro - willing to swap too

Post by appleshampogal »

Hi everyone. Recently I endeavored to buy a Mephisto Master from a lady on craigslist. She offered it at $125, but completely flaked out and sold it at a yard sale instead. I was greatly disappointed. However, I really really reaaaally want to get my hands on it. I'm looking to see if anyone here has one willing to sell one at a similar price. If anyone can help, please respond so my effort won't have been in vain. Thank you so much!

Katherine
appleshampogal

Post by appleshampogal »

Or other resources where I could find it around that price. Anyone know anything?
vonderlasa

Mephisto Master

Post by vonderlasa »

The most recent eBay sale was for $226.50, plus shipping, so you'll need to search on Craig's list or garage sales to find one in your price range.
Good luck.
vonderlasa

Post by vonderlasa »

You might try ebay.de. The prices were lower there but shipping might be a killer.
IvenGO

Post by IvenGO »

appleshampogal

Post by appleshampogal »

Someone in Alabama beat me. I have the worst luck in the world. I appreciate the link. I tried my best to win.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

appleshampogal wrote:Someone in Alabama beat me. I have the worst luck in the world. I appreciate the link. I tried my best to win.
The seller House of Staunton is from Alabama. That's not the buyer location you see there.
Nick
IvenGO

Post by IvenGO »

I would suggest to look also for Radio Shack Champion 2250XL - seems to me it has very similar software to MilanoPro (both based on Fritz-3); hardware is slower but its housing I like more; of course if -100 ELO points doesnt matter much...
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

I think Appleshampogal is trying to acquire a variety of opponents and given that I believe she already owns the Mephisto Chess Challenger, the Radio Shack model would be too similar to that, with both having a 32K 10 Mhz Morsch H8 program.

I think the best thing is to be patient and vigilant and wait for a Milano Pro or Master to reappear on Ebay, as they tend to do over time. And of course be willing to bid what it takes.
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

IvenGO wrote:I would suggest to look also for Radio Shack Champion 2250XL - seems to me it has very similar software to MilanoPro (both based on Fritz-3); hardware is slower but its housing I like more; of course if -100 ELO points doesnt matter much...
It is the Master that she is looking for that is the same as MilanoPro. 2250XL is more like a GK2100 with slight mods.

Regards
Nick
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

spacious_mind wrote:
IvenGO wrote:I would suggest to look also for Radio Shack Champion 2250XL - seems to me it has very similar software to MilanoPro (both based on Fritz-3); hardware is slower but its housing I like more; of course if -100 ELO points doesnt matter much...
It is the Master that she is looking for that is the same as MilanoPro. 2250XL is more like a GK2100 with slight mods.

Regards
Probably better Master than Milano Pro. Nick in one of your rating lists Master was over Milano Pro.

Stronger or weaker regards
Ricardo
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

ricard60 wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:

Regards
Probably better Master than Milano Pro. Nick in one of your rating lists Master was over Milano Pro.

Stronger or weaker regards
Ricardo
Yes Master is newer therefore maybe slightly better than MP.
Nick
youen

Post by youen »

I have a Mephisto Master to sell.
Contact by MP.
Thanks
Larry

Post by Larry »

I remember around 4 - 5 years ago the Masters were still being
advertised new by chess retailers on ebay. Of course it could'nt last.
L