Excalibur King Arthur-What chess program?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Mentat wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Monsieur Plastique wrote:
Fernando wrote:I believe Monsieur Plastique say such a thing because he thinks a "better program" by Nelson has no sense at all because he never wrote a decent program....
Better is merely a relative term. I am better at running a 100 metres than Usain Bolt with two broken legs dragging a 2 tonne concrete block. And a rusty push-mower is better at mowing a 2 acre overgrown block of land than a pair of scissors...
You are too semantic to answer...
Reality is...
you does not use terms as best than or better than when in any case the compared thing is as piece of...
To use your own examples, is like to say that a living body of a paraplegic is faster than a dead corpse.
"Faster", there, does not mean a a thing.

shit happens regards
Fern
Fern,

let me finish your unfinished sentence that you termed as "too semantic". Well, here we go: Reality is... too complex to comprehend, because you can never tell when a hill stops being a hill and becomes a mountain, or when a glass is fully full or less than full or half empty, etc. The same applies to the Unnamable Nelson Dilemma. Mr Plastique's diplomacy is actually commendable. Regards from 41 Celsius :)

Djordje
Exactly...

BTW, how are you all?
The other day my wife asked me about our girl and I just could answer with a vague, realistic piece of ambiguity....
Festina Lente
Mentat

Post by Mentat »

Fernando wrote:
Mentat wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Monsieur Plastique wrote:
Fernando wrote:I believe Monsieur Plastique say such a thing because he thinks a "better program" by Nelson has no sense at all because he never wrote a decent program....
Better is merely a relative term. I am better at running a 100 metres than Usain Bolt with two broken legs dragging a 2 tonne concrete block. And a rusty push-mower is better at mowing a 2 acre overgrown block of land than a pair of scissors...
You are too semantic to answer...
Reality is...
you does not use terms as best than or better than when in any case the compared thing is as piece of...
To use your own examples, is like to say that a living body of a paraplegic is faster than a dead corpse.
"Faster", there, does not mean a a thing.

shit happens regards
Fern
Fern,

let me finish your unfinished sentence that you termed as "too semantic". Well, here we go: Reality is... too complex to comprehend, because you can never tell when a hill stops being a hill and becomes a mountain, or when a glass is fully full or less than full or half empty, etc. The same applies to the Unnamable Nelson Dilemma. Mr Plastique's diplomacy is actually commendable. Regards from 41 Celsius :)

Djordje
Exactly...

BTW, how are you all?
The other day my wife asked me about our girl and I just could answer with a vague, realistic piece of ambiguity....
School finished about a week ago, and my wife and I are getting ready to drive south to Chalkidiki, Greece, there are some fabulous beaches down there. Alex is still up in Belgrade, but will eventually fly down to to spend a couple of days with us. I play chess on FICS and sometimes on Chess.com, and off and on against my dedicateds as well. I am also reading several interesting books, and have decided to reread Heidegger's Being and Time (once again, had to :)). On a lighter note, I've just finished one of Stephen King's novels (Finders Keepers). Alex broke up with her boyfriend after being together for 11 yrs last year and it was painful for some time but now she's found a new one and seems to be doing OK. That was our "Dasein" in short :) Hope that your family has been growing meanwhile --- have fun with them, wish you all the best. Gracias a ti, mi amigo.