Millenium new release of chess computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Sargon1972

Millenium new release of chess computer

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello ,

Finally a Company bring out a new chess computer with good strength

https://www.schachversand.de/startneue2.htm

they say it will be +-2000 elo ,with a Genius from Richard Lang inside
but with the hardware:
CPU: ARM Cortex M4
clock rate: 48 MHz

So 48Mhz , is the CPU for example = a 68000 12mhz the same speed ,i do not know , but 48mhz is a lot to mine opinion

Well i order 1 for sure ,i will be curious what it can
As i say before,finally but the design ...... well i bet many would pay 200 Euro for it with a much nicer design

So maybe Millenium is testing the market and will see what this Computer will do with the selling
So fingers crossed if it go very good ,i hope we can see more of new computers coming from them

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Interesting News Hans
Normally I have no interest in Millennium computers but if it has a Lang Program I would be interested

do you know if it is already released or if not..when is it expected to be ?

Curious Regards
Steve
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Steve,

By Niggemann in Germany it is expected 01.10.2015

I have used a translator :

The MILLENIUM ChessGenius! The new chess computer for tournament and club players with the world champion chess program ChessGenius and a skill level of over 2000 ELO! The Englishman Richard Lang can apply with no less than 10 world championship titles in Computer Chess without doubt the most successful chess programmer of all time. His legendary Chess Genius program succeeded on 31.08.1994 the historic first win of a chess program over a reigning world chess champion at an official tournament: world champion Garry Kasparov was 1.5 at Intel Grand Prix Tournament in London: defeated 0.5 points. The MILLENNIUM ChessGenius includes this award-winning world champion program. Due to its variable adjustment options make it the perfect companion for all chess players - whether beginner, club player or a strong tournament player.

Game levels Game Difficulty:. Virtually unlimited number of difficulty levels adjustable average time per train adjustable Max total time per game adjustable tournament levels for strong players present many steps especially for beginners displaying Zugvorschlägen displaying the second best, third best, the top four, and so on train

Especially for tournament players:> 20,000 opening positions Versatile analysis mode (text ads and checkerboard display) indicating the position evaluation and main line input of any chess positions

Especially for beginners: Chess Coach: Warns of bad traits, offers their redemption and makes suggestions for more optimal traits help function: Display of all legal moves Unlimited number of moves back and play it again

Features & Comfort: Comfortable menu system for easy system adjustment Large backlit display, provides the whole chessboard is as well as the texts of the help and menu system extra large chess board, 20 x 20 cm playfield Multilingual user interface Various game modes: Player vs computer players against player, etc. Energy saving, for playing time even when battery power supply connection

Specifications: Processor: ARM Cortex M4 / 48 MHz chessboard: pressure sensor board, magnetic display: Checkerboard display, illuminated menu: 7 languages, Text-based languages: DE / GB / FR / NL / ES / IT / RU Software: ChessGenius power: 3 x AA alkaline batteries (included) power supply connection available - Power supply sold separately

But maybe in USA sooner then this date

Yes i am excited as well about this one, i am afraid it is a "old" Program from Richard Land and already in a other Mephisto Computer
But i found out a little about the processor ,this one have different specs from 128KB till 512KB ,so i only know they use this CPU with 48Mhz !

Kr,Hans
Hello

Kr,Hans
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Well well Hans nicely spotted and you and Steve will need one to complete your collections. It's running serious hardware and at a very good speed not one for me of course its not wood but one for the collectors for sure. Love to see it up against some of the older kit.
Thank you Hans, Steve and Harvey for sorting out my email address error

Peter
King Performance Chess Computer M830
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Thanks for the information Hans

Languishing Until Its Release Regards
Steve
mclane

Post by mclane »

That tells us that ossi is still alive,

http://www.millennium2000.de/chessgenius

Of course we will all buy it.
And next is that Novag sells a new 3robot with super constellation program,
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Larry

Post by Larry »

Is this it?
https://webshoparea.de/millennium/toysv ... hessgenius
Seems it's on sale now...99euro
L
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hi Larry,

Well yes u can order it now...but it will be delivered from October ,they say when u scroll down in the page in German

Kr,Hans
Hello

Kr,Hans
Theo

Post by Theo »

Maybe its not a "Lang" at all?! Depends on the rights Ossi got on "ChessGenius"

Like Deep Fritz 14 is also not Morsch inside.

Wish it was a fish Regards
Theo
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

This almost seems too good to be true! A brand new, affordable plastic machine. Manufactured in 2015. True high expert strength. As the English might say, I can't help wondering if someone is having a laugh...

But why would they advertise it as upwards of 2000 ELO? With that program on that hardware it should be at least 2200 or even 2300 ELO shouldn't it? Unless they are somehow handicapping it...

Still, I'm floored. I never thought I would see the day where a strong, dedicated chess machine suitable for strong players would ever be produced again.
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.
mclane

Post by mclane »

Let's hope it has no Nelson software into it. That could be the beginning of a stormy discussion. ;-)
klute

Post by klute »

Steve B wrote:if it has a Lang Program I would be interested
It's Lang alright! I've already made a trade enquiry with a view to bringing it to the Australian market.
The Klute offers you the white pieces and the advantage of the first move.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

klute wrote:
Steve B wrote:if it has a Lang Program I would be interested
It's Lang alright! I've already made a trade enquiry with a view to bringing it to the Australian market.
Excellent!
FINALLY ..a new old chess computer

Auld Lang Syne Regards
Steve
mclane

Re: Millenium new release of chess computer

Post by mclane »

Sargon1972 wrote:Hello ,

Finally a Company bring out a new chess computer with good strength

https://www.schachversand.de/startneue2.htm

they say it will be +-2000 elo ,with a Genius from Richard Lang inside
but with the hardware:
CPU: ARM Cortex M4
clock rate: 48 MHz

So 48Mhz , is the CPU for example = a 68000 12mhz the same speed ,i do not know , but 48mhz is a lot to mine opinion

Well i order 1 for sure ,i will be curious what it can
As i say before,finally but the design ...... well i bet many would pay 200 Euro for it with a much nicer design

So maybe Millenium is testing the market and will see what this Computer will do with the selling
So fingers crossed if it go very good ,i hope we can see more of new computers coming from them

Kr,Hans
They can make a better machine after this first beginning,
Maybe we all see a new beginning.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Clearly everybody here will purchase the thing.....We even should organize a party to celebrate these great news....

wait wait wait, i am being informed by my spy in Germany that the thing brings CC7 Nelson program unto it....but improved of course...now it brings not 100, but 150 opening lines to a deep of 6 moves.

Malicious regards
Fern
Festina Lente