Millenium new release of chess computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
ChessHouse

Chess Genius (M810) English DataSheet

Post by ChessHouse »

Hey Fern,

I've got a link for you to download the Genius datasheet, but this being my first post, I am unable to. So, I will follow up shortly with that. I don't have more information beyond that sheet other than, as you probably already know, it is slated to be available late October / Early November.

We've done an initial test of its predecessor, the M800, which has been on the market for some time. So far though, we have been pleased with how the unit works both in playing as well as solving chess problems. For the M800, we played 10 out of the 100 exercises and they are good. We played a few partial games and full game at the default settings. Comp played strong but fell for some basic pawn sacrifices, even losing the Queen @ A1. It is rated at about 1500 ELO (1700 USCF).

So, our opinion is that the M800 is worthy of bringing to the market in the US. We plan to bring in an initial supply late August and we'll watch feedback. It seems to be decent comp to fill in a needed gap. That also seems to indicate to us we can expect a strong improvement with the Genius. Good things...

We had tested another unit in 2014 that was coming to the market at that time (which you guys have mentioned already here), but we decided not to carry it. The chess programs were faulty and had errors.
ChessHouse

Post by ChessHouse »

Here is a datasheet for the Genius (M810).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki3gargva1iwj ... 1.pdf?dl=0

Thanks,
Paul
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

ChessHouse wrote:Here is a datasheet for the Genius (M810).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki3gargva1iwj ... 1.pdf?dl=0

Thanks,
Paul
Thank you pal...of course the first model you mentioned is not of interest for us I think, perhaps just for one or two friends here that collect anything in any case, but he Genius version surely will be bought for everybody, probably, in some cases, more than one unit, just in case.
Any extra info you can muster for us will be thanked.

hugs
Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Chess Genius (M810) English DataSheet

Post by Steve B »

ChessHouse wrote:

We've done an initial test of its predecessor, the M800, which has been on the market for some time. So far though, we have been pleased with how the unit works both in playing as well as solving chess problems. For the M800, we played 10 out of the 100 exercises and they are good. We played a few partial games and full game at the default settings. Comp played strong but fell for some basic pawn sacrifices, even losing the Queen @ A1. It is rated at about 1500 ELO (1700 USCF).

So, our opinion is that the M800 is worthy of bringing to the market in the US. We plan to bring in an initial supply late August and we'll watch feedback.
Hi
Thanks for your post
the M800 seems to be just another Millennium computer with a low rating
I guess you are calling it a predecessor of the Genius because the housing
is similar?
much of the excitement for the Genius is that it has a version of a Richard Lang Engine which has never been released before in a dedicated computer
and it will much stronger then the M800
I assume the M800's programmer is not Lang
is that correct?

Close But No Cigar Regards
Steve
ChessHouse

Post by ChessHouse »

Steve B wrote: the M800 seems to be just another Millennium computer with a low rating
I guess you are calling it a predecessor of the Genius because the housing is similar?
much of the excitement for the Genius is that it has a version of a Richard Lang Engine which has never been released before in a dedicated computer
is that correct?

Steve
Yes, maybe predecessor is not quite the right term...
I'm not sure who the programmer was on the M800, but I've requested a datasheet on it and will try to find out the programmer as well.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

ChessHouse wrote:
Steve B wrote: the M800 seems to be just another Millennium computer with a low rating
I guess you are calling it a predecessor of the Genius because the housing is similar?
is that correct?

Steve
Yes, maybe predecessor is not quite the right term...

I'm not sure who the programmer was on the M800, but I've requested a datasheet on it and will try to find out the programmer as well.

Not ,not the correct name. Predecessor is something relatively near to the ultimate product and this its not or should not be the case
Festina Lente
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

Fernando wrote:but the Genius version surely will be bought for everybody, probably, in some cases, more than one unit, just in case.
I've ordered 30 units - one for every household in my street. Whether they like it or not. And I'm only charging them a 75% markup. The aim is to have a street party heralding in the new era of strong dedicated machines suitable for everyone from keen hobbyists all the way up to failed Candidate Masters :D
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Monsieur Plastique wrote:
Fernando wrote:but the Genius version surely will be bought for everybody, probably, in some cases, more than one unit, just in case.
I've ordered 30 units - one for every household in my street. Whether they like it or not. And I'm only charging them a 75% markup. The aim is to have a street party heralding in the new era of strong dedicated machines suitable for everyone from keen hobbyists all the way up to failed Candidate Masters :D
30?

Steven, as much as I know, is prepared to ask 200. Two for each member of this place, 50 for his vault and the rest for charity...

What a great man he is regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:
30?

Steven, as much as I know, is prepared to ask 200. Two for each member of this place, 50 for his vault and the rest for charity...

Fern
Its the least I can do

Your Humble Correspondent Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:
30?

Fern
Its the least I can do

Steve

I thought so, but, as I am a friend too, I will lighten your burden asking for me just ONE of those contrivances.
I am sure the rest of the members of this place will adopt the same courtesy.

Friendship to the utmost regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:
30?

Fern
Its the least I can do

Steve

I thought so, but, as I am a friend too, I will lighten your burden asking for me just ONE of those contrivances.

Fern
Actually if you do the math(or as the Brits say...if you do the maths)
200 units @99Euro=about 20,000 Euro
the same I payed for only 5 computers(with shipping):
Wundermachine
Rev I
Rev II
Res I
Res II

So this is a big bargain for me...

Convoluted Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:
30?

Fern
Its the least I can do

Steve

Reading this post from you I am satisfied to realize that your financial troubles are already a thing of the past. In my case I fell almost in total ruin with the Septennial purchase and even believing -still believing- you gave to me an special discount.
So...

Lets the number of comps for your friends here ascend to four regards
Fern

Fern
Actually if you do the math(or as the Brits say...if you do the maths)
200 units at 99Euro=about 20,000 Euro
the same I payed for only 5 computers(with shipping)
:
Wundermachine
Rev I
Rev II
Res I
Res II

So this is a big bargain for me...

Convoluted Regards
Steve
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote: Reading this post from you I am satisfied to realize that your financial troubles are already a thing of the past. In my case I fell almost in total ruin with the Septennial purchase and even believing -still believing- you gave to me an special discount.
I did give you a very DEEP discount and took much of the cost onto myself
I did this is silence and purely for altruistic reasons
so you can imagine my shock when I read your many posts ..filling the forum ..with how bad the Septennial plays with all of the bugs in the code

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote: Reading this post from you I am satisfied to realize that your financial troubles are already a thing of the past. In my case I fell almost in total ruin with the Septennial purchase and even believing -still believing- you gave to me an special discount.
I did give you a very DEEP discount and took much of the cost onto myself
I did this is silence and purely for altruistic reasons
so you can imagine my shock when I read your many posts ..filling the forum ..with how bad the Septennial plays with all of the bugs in the code

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished Regards
Steve

Hahahahaha
well, I consider Septennial one of most exquisite units, similar to Champion but stronger, well made, etc. I am happy with it, but, it is my sin I am so a good damn chess player that I can beat it one time in hundred?
Festina Lente
ChessHouse

A good turn deserves another...

Post by ChessHouse »

http://www.chesshouse.com/electronic_chess_s/5.htm

Delivery of the M811 will arrive approximately in week 41.
The package size is 309 x 293 x 96 mm
You could use them also with a power supply
Power supply EURO 7,-- exw. Germany
The power supply to the chess computer ChessGenius is appropriate for EU, UK and USA.
Here the data to the adapter:
Input: 100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
Output 5V 0.6A