Septennial Finallly get the Full Point.

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Septennial Finallly get the Full Point.

Post by Fernando »

Decided to give Champion Septennial all the chances I settled it at 40 moves/2 hours, which means that in average it took 5-10 minutes in middle game for each move.
Certainly it played lot better. I do not know IF -I do not see the PV record when I play, not much at least- goes deeper OR its search was more exhaustive, seeing more lateral moves, but played stronger.
Added to that that I played at perhaps 50% of my dedication -I was reading simultaneously a book about that curious political figure, Napoleon III- fact is Septennial sorted all the tactical tricks I delivered, cornered me bit by bit and we reached a final with quality for him, So I surrendered.

very happy to see Sept alive and kicking regards
Fern
Festina Lente
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Hi Fern,

Next time you play a 40 moves/2 hours game try to write it down as in a tournament so you can post it here and we can enjoy the game too. Do you remember how was the position in which you surrendered?

Analyzing game regards
Ricardo
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

ricard60 wrote:Hi Fern,

Next time you play a 40 moves/2 hours game try to write it down as in a tournament so you can post it here and we can enjoy the game too. Do you remember how was the position in which you surrendered?

Analyzing game regards
Ricardo
No, I do not remember and I do not want to do it.....
Now I am playing another long game with sept, but again I have annotated nothing... Not in my DNA...

Fern
Festina Lente