Alexandra at 35 moves in 90 minutes

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Alexandra at 35 moves in 90 minutes

Post by Fernando »

This is a slow control which only can be tolerated by very pacient players, but it is worth the time. Alexandra gets one or two extra ply in middle game and give a really strong game, specially, what a surprise, in endings....

Fern
Festina Lente
John_F

Post by John_F »

I have the Alexandra but never played with it much. "Aktiv" rates it at 1651. (As compared to 1780 for the Fidelity Excellence 3 MHz)

I think this would make it weaker than even the Radio Shack 2150. But in the few games I've played between the Alexandra and the 2150, the Alexandra seemed stronger. (Not enough games to tell)

(Someone once asked Alexandra Kosteniuk if her namesake computer could beat her. I don't recall the exact quote, but she quipped something like "Only if I close my eyes!") :-)
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

John_F wrote:I have the Alexandra but never played with it much. "Aktiv" rates it at 1651. (As compared to 1780 for the Fidelity Excellence 3 MHz)

I think this would make it weaker than even the Radio Shack 2150. But in the few games I've played between the Alexandra and the 2150, the Alexandra seemed stronger. (Not enough games to tell)

(Someone once asked Alexandra Kosteniuk if her namesake computer could beat her. I don't recall the exact quote, but she quipped something like "Only if I close my eyes!") :-)
Definitely is stronger. I would like someone else would play at the rythm I told to see if I am right or not
Festina Lente
picarito

Post by picarito »

Hello,

I wish know how many games played between alexandra and Radio Shack 2150, many people think than Radio Shack 2150 is stronger.

Thanks for your attention
John_F

Post by John_F »

At this point I can only find two of the games. Split 1-1 at 5 seconds per move level. (The RS 2150 doesn't properly play game in (number) minutes level, so that's not a good test.)

Maybe I'll run some games between the two just for anyhow and report the results here.