Excalibur Grandmaster

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

It looks like I explained myself badly.

You explained very clearly. I was just being a wise-guy. (Maybe my reply sounded funnier in my head than it did when written down.)
Cheers,

Jeff B.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

JeffB wrote:
It looks like I explained myself badly.

You explained very clearly. I was just being a wise-guy. (Maybe my reply sounded funnier in my head than it did when written down.)
Whatever...The important thing is that the magnet issue has solution.
Festina Lente
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Even if you have a magnetometer when you measure the magnetic field of the chess pieces of the GM you will get a figure lets say X Tesla (Tesla is the unit for magnetic field) then when you go to buy the magnets and say i need some magnets of X Tesla probably the guy who is selling the magnets do not even know what your talking about or maybe he does? Or probably the magnetometer cost more than the GM itself.

Buying 3 types of them and then testing it sounds cheaper than the magnetometer regards
Ricardo
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

I agree with you and Fernando. I was just making a joke. (Most sellers of anything electronic on eBay have no clue about the details of the items they sell. You're lucky to get a downloadable data sheet, let alone an informed response.)
Cheers,

Jeff B.