My wishlist for the next Hiarcs release

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Opal

My wishlist for the next Hiarcs release

Post by Opal »

Things I want in a future Hiarcs release.
Of course this is just a personal wish list.
I'm sure every user has something but here is mine:

1. Play Mode: Mouse wheel takes back a move and forwards a move. We are after all playing a computer and it's fun to have the computer set on a super high rating and try to come up with better and better moves. Make it fun Hiarcs.

2. Playing Mode: Use Spacebar to "Suggest a Move" (same as the light bulb).

3. In database mode make right click hold and slide mouse draw a green arrow and right click a square highlights it. Eliminate the need to always have to hit the keyboard and user can select what default color they use this way. Keyboard is still available for all the other colors.

4. Draw green arrows to show computer recommended move. If you have the latest ICC For Windows and put it in analysis mode you'll see what I mean. They have a line that goes from a piece to the square the computer is recommending. This is way your eyes can stay on the board and you're not constantly going back and forth to the analysis window on every move. (goal for every software makes should always be to make is as user friendly and ideally for the software to disappear and not force the user to constantly be aware of it)
This makes scrolling through a game with the computer analysis active sooooooo much easier. If the user wants more in-depth just look at the analysis window where they can see more lines.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My favorite part of Hiarcs is that when you enter variations you are NOT EVER asked if you want this variation to override, create new line, or whatever......it just enters the move as a new variation. You can then later promote it.
PLEASE keep this as is........don't do the chessbase thing where you have to constantly be answering this same dang question.

Even though you can always "promote variation" they still ask....

Thanks for this Hiarcs. It makes it much easier to analyze games and you can keep your mind on the game.
You're not constantly being made aware of this software you're working in. Just add those green lines for the computer recommended move and now scrolling through games and analyzing will become super addictive in your software.
Look at ICC For Windows to see what I mean. I think ChessKing might also have those lines.
Opal

Post by Opal »

Oh, and one more thing.

5. Play mode: Allow pre-moves.