The Cow from Minsk...

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

The Cow from Minsk...

Post by Fernando »

I thought you must know this story....

The Wise Rabbi
The only cow in a small town in Ukraine stopped giving milk.
The people did some research and found that they could buy a cow from Moscow for 2,000 rubles, or one from Minsk for 500 rubles. Being frugal, they bought the cow from Minsk .
The cow was wonderful. It produced lots of milk all the time, and the people were amazed and very happy. They decided to acquire a bull to mate with the cow and produce more cows like it. Then they would never have to worry about the milk supply again.
They bought a bull and put it in the pasture with their beloved cow. However, whenever the bull came close to the cow, the cow would move away. No matter what approach the bull tried, the cow would move away from the bull and he could not succeed in his quest. The people were very upset and decided to ask their wise Rabbi what to do.
They told the Rabbi what was happening. They explained: "Whenever the bull approaches our cow, she moves away.
If he approaches from the back, she moves forward. When he approaches her from the front, she backs off. An approach from the side and she just walks away to the other side."
The Rabbi pondered this for a while and asked, "Did you buy this cow from Minsk ?"
The people were amazed and dumbfounded, since they had never mentioned where they had the cow from.
"You are truly a wise Rabbi," they said. "How did you know we got the cow from Minsk ?"

The Rabbi answered sadly, "My wife is from Minsk ..."

hahahaha regards
Fern
Festina Lente
kgvetter

Post by kgvetter »

Thanks for this one,

I thought I knew most jewish jokes but this one was new for me. One of my favorite jokes is not really jewish by content but by construction:

Two men talk about marriage. One says: I have a real big problem with my wife, because she talks and talks and talks.

What is she talking about, says the other.

Well, she does'nt tell.

off topic regards,

Gerhard
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

kgvetter wrote:Thanks for this one,

I thought I knew most jewish jokes but this one was new for me. One of my favorite jokes is not really jewish by content but by construction:

Two men talk about marriage. One says: I have a real big problem with my wife, because she talks and talks and talks.

What is she talking about, says the other.

Well, she does'nt tell.

off topic regards,

Gerhard
Hahahaha good one.
BTW, there is NOT off topic stuff in this amiable forum.
Even more, it would be difficult to define what the topic here is...

Off topic regards
Fern
Festina Lente
vonderlasa

Another wise Rabbi

Post by vonderlasa »

A priest, a minister, and a rabbi were discussing when life begins. The priest stated that life begins at conception. The minister, stated that life begins when the fetus assumes human form and can live outside the womb.
But the rabbi countered that they were both mistaken. "Boys, life begins when the children are out of college and the dog is dead." :D
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Another wise Rabbi

Post by Fernando »

vonderlasa wrote:A priest, a minister, and a rabbi were discussing when life begins. The priest stated that life begins at conception. The minister, stated that life begins when the fetus assumes human form and can live outside the womb.
But the rabbi countered that they were both mistaken. "Boys, life begins when the children are out of college and the dog is dead." :D
ah hahahahaha
Great one, excepto for the part of the dog....
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Another wise Rabbi

Post by Steve B »

vonderlasa wrote:A priest, a minister, and a rabbi were discussing when life begins. The priest stated that life begins at conception. The minister, stated that life begins when the fetus assumes human form and can live outside the womb.
a similar joke

In The Jewish faith ...a fetus is not considered viable until it

Graduates From Law School Regards
Steve