My Official Position with respect Millenium Genius

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

My Official Position with respect Millenium Genius

Post by Fernando »

No matter what
No matter if MG is worth 1200 Elo at his best level
No matter if the contrivance fall in pieces a week after being got
No matter if his openning book plays always the same move and/or it is no more big that Chess Challenger 7 one
No matter if the price is not anymore 140 bucks but raise to 200
No matter the yelling, crying, desperation and anguish of my pals here about this computer
No matter anything I am still available to receive it as gift from good old pal Steven Blincoe.

I swear it is my last word.

Proud and honorable regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: My Official Position with respect Millenium Genius

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:No matter anything I am still available to receive it as gift from good old pal Steven Blincoe.

Fern
sadly .. it is now clear that the MCGenius will be rated about 1900( after definitive and exhaustive testing of 3 games)
as a result I have cancelled all pre-orders for the chess computer and I will be investing the money instead on shares of Twitter which are nose diving today due to the company's announcement that they are laying off 4000 employees

Investing 101 Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: My Official Position with respect Millenium Genius

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:No matter what
No matter if MG is worth 1200 Elo at his best level
No matter if the contrivance fall in pieces a week after being got
No matter if his openning book plays always the same move and/or it is no more big that Chess Challenger 7 one
No matter if the price is not anymore 140 bucks but raise to 200
No matter the yelling, crying, desperation and anguish of my pals here about this computer
No matter anything I am still available to receive it as gift from good old pal Steven Blincoe.

Fern
sadly .. it is now clear that the MCGenius will be rated about 1900( after definitive and exhaustive testing of 3 games)
as a result I have cancelled all pre-orders for the chess computer and I will be investing the money instead on shares of Twitter which are nose diving today due to the company's announcement that they are laying off 4000 employees

Investing 101 Regards
Steve

Wait wait wait, who said Genius is 1900? Just because of three unfortunate games?
Clearly there is a vicious campaign of miss information here, probably impulsed by Chessbase rogues.
Keep the orders, steven. Do not break my heart. We must support Millenium. Perhaps they will next produce a Champion Challenger in steroids, WITHOUT BUGS.
You never knows regards
fern
Festina Lente
mclane

Post by mclane »

We DO support millennium. I have heard of a Max Hegener answering requests from customers !!! This seems to be a family company and with each unit being sold we support our beloved "Hegener+Glaser" company. The company that once gave us Mephisto !
We are good customers, we love them, and we will give everything.

Of course the Americans are free to offer a successor of fidelity elite avantgarde.
We appreciate this too.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

mclane wrote:We DO support millennium. I have heard of a Max Hegener answering requests from customers !!! This seems to be a family company and with each unit being sold we support our beloved "Hegener+Glaser" company. The company that once gave us Mephisto !

Of course the Americans are free to offer a successor of fidelity elite avantgarde.
We appreciate this too.
Yes, yes, but then it was YOU the guy that published pitiful games by Genius that produced here so much pain and regret.....:-)

I hope your next info will be more optimistic.
I just expect a 1950 player, but real solid 1950....

Expecting better news regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Monsieur Plastique

Post by Monsieur Plastique »

Fear not. You will lose your fair share of games to it 8)
Chess is like painting the Mona Lisa whilst walking through a minefield.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Monsieur Plastique wrote:Fear not. You will lose your fair share of games to it 8)
I hope so. Nothing more disappointing that to win every game to a chess computer.

Happy loser regards
Fern
Festina Lente
klute

Post by klute »

mclane wrote:We DO support millennium.
I'm heartened to see someone else appreciates what Millennium has been doing and continues to do in terms of dedicated chess computers.

Their machines at the other end of the scale are very decent for their class as well in performance, features and build quality.

I recently finished a ten game match at fast tournament pace (2 minutes per move average) between a PowerBrain Touch 8 handheld (identical to a Millennium badged model) and a Tandy 1650 portable (a rebadged Kaare Danielsen SciSys Explorer.)

Now a lot of people here over the years have professed great admiration for the Danielsen 4K program.

The Touch 8 won the match six games to four, no draws.
The Klute offers you the white pieces and the advantage of the first move.
mclane

Post by mclane »

Fernando wrote:
mclane wrote:We DO support millennium. I have heard of a Max Hegener answering requests from customers !!! This seems to be a family company and with each unit being sold we support our beloved "Hegener+Glaser" company. The company that once gave us Mephisto !

We appreciate this too.
Yes, yes, but then it was YOU the guy that published pitiful games by Genius that produced here so much pain and regret.....:-)

Fern
Should I NOT publish weak games ?!

I am testing the machine, and this means showing everything.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

mclane wrote:
Fernando wrote:

We appreciate this too.

Fern
Should I NOT publish weak games ?!

I am testing the machine, and this means showing everything.

Of course, man, I am kidding. Looks like you still does not know me.

Joker regards
Fern
Festina Lente
IanO

Post by IanO »

klute wrote:
mclane wrote:We DO support millennium.
I'm heartened to see someone else appreciates what Millennium has been doing and continues to do in terms of dedicated chess computers.

Their machines at the other end of the scale are very decent for their class as well in performance, features and build quality.
Here is an interesting point: at the retail price of 100€, this is by far the least expensive dedicated computer to ever host a Richard Lang engine. During the heyday of the dedicated chess computer, Lang's programs always commanded a premium since he was a six-time winner of the WMCCC. So they always landed in the premium Mephisto models, as expected for the wooden luxury modular systems but also for the laptop Berlin versions.

This is the first time a Lang program is being sold at the low to mid-range prices formerly dominated by Spracklen, Kittinger, Morsch, and Schroeder programs. Personally, I'm delighted, because Lang's programs have a solid positional style that teaches kids good habits. Much better than the empty style of the no-name programs in other low- to mid-range units from Excalibur and Millennium.