Mephisto 6th Gen Display Module

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
BillT

Mephisto 6th Gen Display Module

Post by BillT »

Hi All
I've recently been taking all my Auto-Sensory boards for their regular spin. I think its highly recommended to do this for technical reasons, not to mention the pleasure of getting to use these fantastic boards. (All wooden except for the gorgeous Corona which is of course half plastic and half wooden and the Kasprov Blitz which is all plastic and uses Hall sensors instead of reeds...... not sure what I'd do if this one developed a sensor problem ! )
Mostly I'm looking for reed switch failures and usually end up having to get the soldering iron and my bag of spares out, which......indeed was needed for one of my Exclusive boards this time. But thats no problem, an easy job done in no time.

However ... i did notice on my MM VI 6 gen modules that theres a couple of segments on the extreme right hand side of the display not working. It doesnt stop the use of the module but its annoying to have to work out what the display should be reading.ie an 8 shows as an E etc. I've stripped the module down as far as poss thinking that its maybe just a bad contact somewhere but there was nothing obviious, and I've inserted /re-inserted the module into the board several times. ...nothing has made any difference.
Does anybody have any ideas...... or experience of mending this type of fault? Im ok with a soldering iron and basic electronics ,but I'm not up on LCDs and how they work.

Could be looking for a replacement 6th Gen display module regards
Bill
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi Bill

Have a look at this. If it's no good then email Berger for suggestions.
https://sites.google.com/site/proyectos ... to_display

Regards
Bryan
BillT

Post by BillT »

Thanks for the info Bryan,but no help for my situation I'm afraid.
I'll email Berger (does he speak English? ) at sometime see if he has any helpful ideas, luckily i can manage with it as it is for now.

Regards
Bill