My Experience With The Excalibur Mirage

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

I own a couple of Phantom Force and was wondering out of all the Phantoms which one moves it pieces the fastest as videos of the Mephisto Phantom seems to move a lot quicker than my two robots.

May the force be with you regards
Bryan
Cyberchess

Post by Cyberchess »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:I own a couple of Phantom Force and was wondering out of all the Phantoms which one moves it pieces the fastest as videos of the Mephisto Phantom seems to move a lot quicker than my two robots.

May the force be with you regards
Bryan
Greetings Bryan:

Though I don’t know which of the aforementioned units moves the fastest, I did take notice of the inordinately long time the Phantom took to setup all the pieces at the onset of a new game, castle, etc.

While observing the window dressing demo games in the early ‘80s, I opined that a second robotic arm with magnetic pickup head could half the setup time, but then there’s the dreaded production cost issue – already rather high on these units to begin with.

:idea: Of course if the end user is completely deaf and lives alone there’s...

Acoustic Levitation Regards,
John
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Hi John

Yes you need ear defenders when playing against a Phantom Force with all the loud grinding!

Bryan