Universal Chess Board with Super Vip and other

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
dedicate computers

Universal Chess Board with Super Vip and other

Post by dedicate computers »

According to wiki, the Universal Chess Board can be connected with the following computers:

• Novag Super VIP
• Novag Sapphire
• Novag Sapphire II
• Novag Diamond
• Novag Diamond II
• Novag Star Sapphire- under PC Novag Programm Com2Com
• Novag Star Diamond – under PC Novag Programm Com2Com

However, some words as the follows:

When I make the connection of the Universal Chess Board with Novag Super Vip, the leds of UCB will not light. On the other hand, although not mentioned by "wiki" I can connect the Scorpio 68000 normally with the Universal Chess Board. Have not tested the connection of the UCB with Novag Super Expert or with Novag Super Forte. So, something is wrong in the description in the Wiki?
Regards
Oswaldo
Alain

Post by Alain »

For the Super VIP, you need the Novag Super System Distributor

-Alain
dedicate computers

Super Vip

Hello Alain,

I have the Novag Distributor, I connect the Novag Super Vip into "chess computer" and Universal Chess Board in "Chess Board" but the leds don't work at UCB.

Alain

Re: Super Vip

Post by Alain »

dedicate computers wrote:
Hello Alain,

I have the Novag Distributor, I connect the Novag Super Vip into "chess computer" and Universal Chess Board in "Chess Board" but the leds don't work at UCB.

I haven't tried recently and therefore I don't remember the details but my web page about connecting CEBoard (for Windows Mobile) to external boards explains this:
Novag Super VIP

"The Super VIP needs the Novag Super System Distributor to be connected to a PC or Pocket PC.

Activate the interface by pressing "Level" and then "Easy/Moves" to display "Int" followed by three dashes. Quit option mode with "Go". Select "9600" bauds with "Level" and then "Solvemate/Baud".
dedicate computers

I haven't tried recently and therefore I don't remember the details but my web page about connecting CEBoard (for Windows Mobile) to external boards explains this: "Activate the interface by pressing "Level" and then "Easy/Moves" to display "Int" followed by three dashes. Quit option mode with "Go". Select "9600" bauds with "Level" and then "Solvemate/Baud"."
Hi Alain

I'll see what can be wrong, maybe my Novag Super Vip with problems.
brbgyn

Post by brbgyn »

Hi everyone